I Have Done Septal Cartilage Rhinoplasty to Make the Nose Tip Higher Last July, Can I Get It Out Now? (photo)

Hi doctor,i have done septal cartilage rhinoplasty to make the nose tip higher last July, but i really do not like it,i think it is too high for me.If the septal cartilage will last forever ? I wanna find a method to reduce it. Can i get it out and if my old nose will be back? Do you have some suggestion about my nose tip? If i need to cut the wing of nose? I am worried about the scar after surgery.Thank you very much.

Unhappy after septal cartilage nose tip augmentation

+2

Hi there,

There is a lot to like about your nose - but it's you who has to like it.  Now at 10 months after your rhinoplasty, most but not all of the swelling will be gone.

Your aims can be accomplished surgical without giving you poor scars.  But, your request is one which requires a very careful understanding of what you are seeking.  The quality of the result will be related mostly to a clear understanding between you and your surgeon as to the precise aims of the surgery.  Then, actually making the changes in the operating room will be possible.

As has been said by another surgeon, start with a very honest discussion with your surgeon:  You're happy... but... the projection is a little much for you, what are your options?

Good luck.

Melbourne Plastic Surgeon

Over-projected nasal tip or low dorsum and chin deformity?

+2

Your nasal tip has improved tremendously. However,I believe the reason you think it is too high is the dorsum is slightly low, particularly at the upper 2/3 and therefore, your nose appears over-projected. A dorsal implant as well as a chin implant will definitely bring harmony to your facial features 

Web reference: http://www.cosmeticsurgery4you.com

Huntington Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Removal of Nasal Cartilage Grafts

+2

Your nose is improved after your previous rhinoplasty, but you may not like the result. I would not recommend that you try to get your old nose; however, talk to your surgeon or somebody experienced in revision rhinoplasty about your goals and alternatives. 

Removing Nasal Graft

+1

Dear Tutu09,

Thank you for sharing your photos and I am sorry that you are not satisfied with your results.

Your nose has improved after the surgery and it is important that you establish full recovery before you make a decision of a revision Rhinoplasty.

Although you are about a year post surgery, I recommend that you have a little more patience and wait couple of months more. This way you will have your final results established based on which you can make a better decision.

If a revision is your choice, then any change to your nasal dorsum will have to be supplemented by targeted other nasal parts to make sure that your nose maintains a natural look fitting your facial features best.

Revisions are delicate and often more complex than primary Rhinoplasties. So I advise you to seek consultation with a surgeon of ample experience in that field for commendable results.

Best of luck to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Revision rhinoplasty to return to the original nasal shape.

+1

Indeed it is possible to undergo revision rhinoplasty in an attemtp to head back towards the direction of your original nasal shape.  An open approach would be advisable.  The real question is do determine exactly what you are after and perhaps computer simulation imaging would be of help.

Mario J. Imola, MD, DDS, FRCSC.

Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon