Septal Cartilage Graft

I had a septal cartilage graft on the tip of my nose about three months ago. My tip is still very hard to the touch and I was told it will not return completely to pre-op state. How much softer can I expect it to get?

Your Rhinoplasty Results Get Better With Time

+2

During the first several months following a rhinoplasty, the nose will often feel firm to the touch. This can be due to several factors including swelling of the skin and soft tissues, scar tissue deposition, and whether or not cartilage grafts were placed in the time. Fortunately, regardless of the reason, the nose (with time) evetually should feel less firm and more natural. It may take several more months, but be patient!

Dallas Facial Plastic Surgeon

Hard tip following septal cartilage graft

+1

Thank you for your question. I suggest you wait few more months for the swelling and edema to subside. It usually takes up to a year or longer for that to happen.

Moneer Jaibaji, MD