How to Repair Separated Abdominal Muscles Without Tummy Tuck?

I am 61 and in good health. I had lyposucton many years ago. I do not have a lot of loose skin but I am not even in the stomach. I have a large buldge (seperated muscle) I was told I am not a canidate for tummy tuck. How else can I fix the seperation

Separated Tummy Muscls CANNOT be put together without surgery

+1

A tummy tuck with muscle repair of the separation (diastasis) is the ONLY way to bring the muscles together. There are NO nonsurgical treatments or exercises that can do it.

Muscle Separation in Abdomen (rectus diastasis) ALWAYS requires surgery

+1

Hi there-

There is no way to restore a more normal anatomy to the rectus abdominis musculature other than a tummy tuck.

You do not mention why you were deemed not to be a candidate?

Armando Soto, MD, FACS

Rectus Diastasis Repair

+1

The only way is to open up the skin and plicate the fascia.  If you are not a surgical candidate there really is no alternative.  Situps and crunches will not affect things.

Farbod Esmailian, MD

No way to fix diastasis recti without surgery

+1

A tummy tuck is the only reasonable way to fix diastasis recti.  Once your muscles are tighter and the abdomen is flatter there will be loose skin that needs removal.  This is all done in one stage with the T.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS