Asian Eyelid & Rhino- Two Separate Surgeries or One?

I want revision on my nose and (asian) eyelids. Since they are revisions, I know I need to go to someone who is extremely skilled, but should I look for someone who is expert at both? Or is it okay to look for two separate doctors and get two separate procedures? If I were to get two separate surgeries what would the wait time be before I get my next surgery? I wanted to get it redone next summer... is that possible? or would I have to wait longer?

Asian eyelid surgery revision and nose revision surgery with one or two surgeons

+1

The complexity of your eye and nose problem will determine whether it is better to get surgery separately by separate surgeons or at the same time by one surgeon. If the problem is relatively straightforward (as evidenced by the lack of severe concern on your original question), it may be possible for one well-qualified surgeon to perform both procedures at once.

+1

Either way.  It's probably easier on you to have just one operation to do both with one recovery...but at the end of the day, it's your decision.

Revision Asian rhinoplasty and blepharoplasty

+1

Both eyelid and nasal surgeries can be performed together or separately.  It is really up to the patient.  On revision rhinoplasty and eyelid surgery it is extremely important to make sure that you go to a very experienced surgeon and that may require 2 different doctors.  

Revision Asian Blepharoplasty and Rhinoplasty

+1

Dear 8044anon,

I am sorry to hear about your concerns.

In general, you should wait at least six to twelve months from the time of your original procedure(s) before considering a revision, depending on the type of procedure and the concerns you have, so that the wounds are mature. This means that next summer is a suitable timeframe.

If you seek revision of both your eyes and your nose, I would recommend finding a surgeon who is highly skilled and experienced performing both procedures in Asian patients. This way you can have both procedures performed together so that you only have to go through one recovery period. Alternatively, it is possible to have each procedure done separately. In this situation, I would suggest having the eyes done first and then the nose a week or two later.

Please keep in mind that revision procedures are usually more complicated than primary procedures. Choose a highly skilled and experienced surgeon.

Larry Fan, MD

Revision for eyelid and rhinoplasty surgery

+1

Revsions should not be performed before all scarring has had a chance to mature, typically 6-9 months.  If the revision work is for straightforward issues such as a bump on the nasal dorsum that needs a little more rasping or a small pinch of eyelid skin that has to be removed the procedures are not too taxing for almost any board certified plastic surgeon.

If the problems are more complex you need a specialist with lots of experience with revision work.  Both procedures should be performed at the same time to save time, money, and biologic expense. 

Among surgeons certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery you should be able to find one who is skilled enough to handle both areas.

Daniel Greenwald, MD

Aisian eyelid

+1

In order for you to save time and money, see if you can't find a single surgeon to do the procedure all at one time.Both of you procedures are sophisticated

David A. Bray, Sr., MD

Asian Eyelid and Rhinoplasty Revision

+1

If you find an experienced surgeon who will do both procedures, have them done at the same time. If the procedures are done by different surgeons, I suggest doing the eyelids first and then waiting a minimum of 6-8 weeks to do the rhinoplasty revision.

Revision rhinoplasty and Blepharoplasty for the Asian patient.

+1

Revision rhinoplasty and Blepharoplasty for the Asian patient is usually done together. They can be separated if you like. Make sure you see an experienced surgeon since revisions require a great deal of experience.

Asian Blepharoplasty and Rhinoplasty

+1

You need to find a surgeon who is an expert in both Asian Blepharoplasty and Rhinoplasty, especially because they are revision surgeries.  When done separately, the eyes can be done under local anesthesia and the nose under general.  Typically, patients opt to get both done at the same time so that both procedures can be done while they are under general anesthesia and to avoid two separate recovery down times.  I would recommend that you look to find the right doctor for you--someone who is an expert in Asian Blepharoplasty and Rhinoplasty with a thorough understanding of the Asian anatomy and who can deliver the goals that you desire.

Kimberly Lee, MD

Surgery on eyelids and nose can be done at same time

+1

You can have surgery on your eyelids and nose at the same time or you can have them done separately.  It depends on whether you find a plastic surgeon that you are comfortable doing both or not.  Next summer should be a good time to do both.

James Tang, MD