Having 3 Separate Cosmetic Procedures? (Rhino, Brow-lift, Fat Graft)

Hi there I'm a 23 year old male and I am seeking 3 separate cosmetic procedures this year. A minor rhinoplasty, brow lift (just for 1 asymmetrical brow), and a facial fat graft to 1 narrow side of my face (along jaw & cheek). Would any one of these procedures affect or interfere with another in a negative way? Do you think they should be done in a specific order? Would it matter how "spread out" each of the procedures are from each other? ....It's 3 separate surgeons by the way

Having 3 Separate Cosmetic Procedures?

+1

All three could be performed at the same time however while I do understand the Rhinoplasty...a Browlift even for brow asymmetry shouldn't be done on a 23 year old unless it's a limites suture type lift done from within the temple hairline.  Fat grafting like a filler or implant adds volume and would not make the face appear more thin.  Several in person consultations or a second opinion might be in your best interest.

Rhinoplasty, browlift and fat graft done simultaneously

+1

There is no reason to have 3 different anesthetics, 3 different surgeries, and 3 different recoveries. One  experienced surgeon could easily perform all 3 of these surgeries under one anesthetic. The most difficult procedure  of the 3 is the rhinoplasty procedure, so start looking for a very experienced rhinoplasty surgeon who is well-versed in other facial cosmetic surgery.

Rhinoplasty, brow lift and fat injection

+1

Doing all three procedurs if indicated, can usually be done at the same time. Without seeing you in person, it is difficult to say if these three are indicated for you.

Timing of Rhinoplasty, Browlift, and Fat Injections

+1

I strongly suggest that you do all 3 procedures during the same operation. It will be safer and less expensive to have one operation. You'll have less anesthesia and one recovery. Find a surgeon who is skilled in all three techniques. I'd do the brow lift first followed by the fat injections and finally the rhinoplasty.

Having 3 Separate Cosmetic Procedures? Will they affect each other?

+1

Dear Blueplus,

Thank you for your question.  The three procedures you pose do not seem to have an interaction with each other.  A photo would be of great benefit.  I'm not sure why you would have three seperate surgeries by three separate surgeons.  A good facial surgeon should be able to accomplish all three in one surgery.  This would save you time, money, and recovery periods. 

Best Wishes,

Pablo Prichard, MD

Pablo Prichard, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty, Unilateral Browlift and Facial Fat Grafting

+1

None of your proposed facial procedures will have any impact on each other from a healing and safety standpoint. Whether you do them separately or combine all three into a single procedure would depend on whether you think correcting one facial area will change how the others would be perceived, their cost and, to a more minor degree, the recovery from them.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Rhinoplasty, brow lift and fat graft at the same time

+1

Hi there

Your post is intriguing.  In 20 years I have never met a patient considering three discrete facial procedures by three separate surgeons..  One suspects your brow and facial asymmetry might be related.

I would make three comments to you, just for you to consider.

1. You're a young man, and young men are often hard to advise. I know, I used to be one! So, make sure you're listening to good advice from Board certified specialists who specialise in facial surgery. If you're making all your treatment decisions yourself, ie with using the three surgeons, you cant possibly ├ít your age have much insight into the reality of the proposed treatment experiences. 

2. It makes no sense to have three separate procedures.  All can be carried out at one surgical episode. Using one surgeon will help not hinder your treatement and recovery.

3. Consider posting some pictures on Realself deomstrating your concerns.  There are many tremendous surgeons who can offer you great clinical guidance - but without pictures its not possible.

All the very best,

Howard Webster

3.

Howard Webster, MBBS, FRACS
Melbourne Plastic Surgeon

Can several different procedures be combined at once?

+1

Sometimes a patient will have more than one issue that concerns them. In other words, there might be a nose needing surgery, and a brow with issues, and perhaps an area of the face that would benefit from augmentation. Multiple procedures CAN be safely performed at one surgery when (1) the surgeon is proficient in all of them, (2) the patient understands the pros & cons of all of them, (3) healing is not  compromised in a specific area by doing "too much" and (4) surgery time in the O.R.  is not inordinately prolonged. These decisions are best made on a case-by-case basis with a motivated patient and experienced plastic surgeon!  

Donn R. Chatham, MD
Louisville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Combining facial cosmetic procedures

+1

Having 3 separate surgeons perform that particular combination is interesting, since most facial cosmetic surgeons will be proficient at all 3.  Healing will not be negatively affected by combining those surgeries,and will actually make it easier for you since the healing time is not made longer by doing all 3 at the same time - it will be the same.  

Donald B. Yoo, MD