Sensitivity/Soreness on Upper Abdomen Where I had Lipo with TT 7 Years Ago, What Should I Do?

I had a tummy tuck with just one little area of liposuction.(I was not even suppose to get lipo) Dr just did it. All would probably been well except that the compression garment caused the area to fill up with fluid.I got upset & worried. Repeatedly ask Dr to drain with needle.(I had drains for the tummy tuck.But by the time this fluid sack developed they were already out.)Now 7yrs later that area sags and is embarassing and when I run the area is really,really sore and sensitive to touch.

Soreness 7 Years after Tummy Tuck?

+1

I'm sorry to hear about the problems you are experiencing.

It is extremely unusual to have “sensitivity/soreness” in the area 7 years after tummy tuck surgery. If I were you I would be concerned about other causes of abdominal wall soreness and sensitivity. It may behoove you to be seen by your family practitioner/internist  as well as your plastic surgeon.

Be careful you do not assume that your current symptoms are related to the tummy tuck surgery and neglect to diagnose and/or treat another problem.

Soreness

+1

Being so far out, it is very unusual to have any issues. You should definately see a board certified plastic surgeon for an opinion about your problems and potential options to fix it.

Michael Hueneke, MD