Sensitive Skin with Small Icepick Scars and Some Boxcar Scars. What Do You Recommend?

HI...i am Indian with a medium tone skin colour. i have very sensitive skin. my skin gets red even when i apply 0.025 percent retinoic acid on my acne scars. what are the treatment options for my skin type. i have mixed skin type. some areas are dry and some oily ...

Hello

+1

In each practice the treatments vary. In our practice for acne scars we do Profractional laser, Micro laser peel, DOT co2 laser or even a mini face lift to pull the skin and help remove get rid of the deep holes caused by acne.

Medium skin tone, indian skin type ice pick scars

+1

You should be more careful because your skin is likely to have pigmentation reactions where you would lose pigment and gain pigment. So you have to make a choice, do I want my scars improved at the risk of pigmentation issues. I like deep chemical peeling for ice pick scars and always finish with co2 laser resurfacing and a multilayered approach.

Philip Young, MD
Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

TCA CROSS would be an option for icepick and boxcar scars.

+1

TCA CROSS is an option you could consider, and it is offered by many dermatologists in India, for Indian skin. Try doing one or two spots first, before going on to a larger area.

All the best!

Renita Lourdhurajan, MD, DNB
India Dermatologist