Does It Make Sense to Have a Sliding Genioplasty or Chin Implant Put in While Overweight?

I'm overweight, but it's quite obvious that have a receding chin. My chin doesn't go past my forehead from a profile view, and I also have a long 2cm philtrum so everything looks unbalanced, though i'm not getting a lip lift because it's an awful surgery that never looks good imo. Instead of having my skin stretch to accommodate my new chin if I get a genio while skinny, I could just get it while fat & the skin would shrink with ease to fit my chin as I lose weight. Do I make sense? Thanks! lol

Sliding Genioplasty or Chin Implant Put in While Overweight?

+1

Thank you for your question. I would consider getting a filler put in the chin in the interim, and see if you like the "look" and then if your weight is reduced, your needs may change. See a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon or Maxillofacial surgeon and review all your options, and risks. I hope this helps.

Danville Plastic Surgeon

Weight Loss Before or After A Sliding Genioplasty

+1

The best way to answer your question is to see some profile pictures of you. I do not believe your weight and subsequent weight loss has much bearing on the success and long-term results of a sliding genioplasty procedure.

Web reference: http://www.eppleyplasticsurgery.com