Is this sensation normal after Chin Implant?

Had chin implant surgery 9 days ago. I still feel some tightness (at times it's more acute), numbness, an itching sensation, and a warm sensation (but not to the touch). Thankfully, the pain is generally gone, the numbness has waned, and it doesn't bother me too much. Are these normal symptoms to be experiencing? Is this a sign that my chin is healing? I have a follow-up appointment with my surgeon in three weeks.

+1
It is not abnormal to have some tightness and numbness after a chin implant. I would recommend following up with your surgeon regarding any immediate post-operative concerns, as he/she knows the details of your procedure and will be able to advise you. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck. 

Chin implant recovery

+1
The sensations of tightness, numbness, itching and warmth are not unusual to feel after placement of a chin implant.  Normally, these sensations should improve over time, as it seems yours are.  If you feel anything is worsening or not improving, you should contact your surgeon prior to your three week follow up appointment.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon