When Will the Sensation of a "Foreign Body" in my Chest Go Away?

I am 41 years old and had silicon implants to increase my breast size from a A on the right and B on the left to a C cup on both sides. I am 7 weeks post surgery and had alot of pain until a week ago. My energy is still very low and I feel very aware of the sensation of the implants in my chest. I cannot hug anyone due to the discomfort. I am constantly aware of this sensation. Will this go away? And if so, how long does it take?

Your new implants will become your new breasts

+2

be reassured that every one recovers from surgery differently. in time, your implants will become a part of you and you won't even think about it anymore. It may take 3-12 months after surgery to accomplish this.

When Will the Sensation of a "Foreign Body" in my Chest Go Away

+1

This depends on how large the implants are and the capacity of the breast envelope. I typically advise may patients that it will be a MINIMUM of 2 months before they will start to "take ownership" of the implants and incorporate them as part of their body image.

Web reference: http://www.bodysculptor.com/breast-surgery-chicago/breast-enlargement/

Implants and sensation

+1

I think it takes a while for most women to feel comfortable with their new breasts.  Give it some more time, it should get better.