Semi-sagging Breasts - Can I Get by with Just 420cc Breast Implants?

Hi I am looking to do a breast enlargment using 420 cc implants, as you can see in my pics I have some sagging, I would like to be able to just do the enlargment at this time and not a lift, if and when the time comes for a lift I wouldn't be oppossed to it. Looking at the pics do you think it is advisable to go ahead with just an enlargment at this time? I do understand that an enlargment does not take the place of a lift and I am ok with my breasts sitting lower than what a lift would give me.

Implant Selection

+1

I would definitely recommend a lift with your augmentation.   An implant alone will simply worsen your sagging, similar to a rock in a sock.  In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements and characteristics.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.
Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

Implants instead of lift

+1
The photos showing your hands over your head may not show the actual amount of ptosis. If the breasts are comparable to the photo with your hands at your sides, you may get a small amount of lift from just the implant. You may have some sag but it is a question of what you would find acceptable. The ideal operation is an augment/mastopexy but I understand that this is an expensive operation and that some patients are seeking to avoid the circumareolar scarring. Speak to several plastic surgeons who can evaluate you and offer their assessments.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Slightly saggy breast and implants

+1

I think that as long as you understand that a breast implant will not lift  your breast, that it is OK to proceed with just the implant. In time, due to the added weight, you will just be bigger and saggier. At that time, your lift might be one with longer scars, but you would have had some period of time without the breast lift scars. It will be a trade off either way.

Julio Garcia, MD

Large implants in slightly saggy breasts.

+1

If you are truly being honest with yourself meaning you do not mind larger but slowly low lying breasts, then you may be pleased with implants. Over time larger implants may result in a higher long term risk of sagging (ptosis) and I would suggest investing in a set of supportive bras if you undertake this option.

Re: Semi sagging breasts - augmentation vs lift

+1

Unfortunately your frontal photo is taken with your arms elevated which distort things somewhat. The 420cc implants will certainly give you significant superior fill, I would approach this through a periareolar incision with dual plane placement of the prosthesis, and most likely a donut mastopexy. The donut mastopexy would diminish the size of your nipple areola which are somewhat enlarged, and not add an appreciable amount of scarring. It will also give you a result which will hold up better over time.

William F. DeLuca Jr, MD
Albany Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation first ,later lift if needed.

+1

Based on the picture  it is difficult to tell if a lift alone is all that is needed but an augmentation alone will improve there appearance. If the breast still sag some and you are OK with it then that is what is important. Some surgeons always think the perfect result is all that is acceptable but the one the patient likes is important also and many women do not want a scar around the areola ever.

You should consult with at least one Board Certified Plastic Surgeon in your area. 

Walter D. Gracia, MD
Arlington Plastic Surgeon

Breast implants and breast lifts

+1

Although the photo is helpful, it is not taken in a way that can determine where your nipple sits in relation to the inframammary crease behind it. If the nipple is too low relative to the crease then an augmentation is not feasible or suitable and a lift is the only option. Implants do not lift breasts or nipple height relative to the chest wall and larger implants do not lift it more.

Your breast has adequate volume and there is no way to determine from the volume in cc's alone what would fit or what effect that would have. Fitting an implant has to do with matching the width of the implant to the width of the breast and then choosing a forward projection (profile) that then determines the ultimate volume and what effect that would have. The minimum size increase is a cup size. There are those who feel that the implant alone (and it's size/weight/volume) will make the breast sag. There are also those who think all D cup size breasts will sag. I don't agree with this but if you use a 420 cc implant you would be at risk for both of these effects. 

My guess from the picture is that with arms down at the sides, the nipple will be too low for an augmentation and since size is quite adequate I would recommend a properly done (lollipop - circumvertical) lift (mastopexy) alone. 

Scott L. Replogle, MD
Denver Plastic Surgeon

Implants and a lift

+1

It is difficult to say from your photos since your arms are also up in the air( I think?).  An implant will just make the breasts larger, they will not lift them signficantly.

Just 420cc Breast Implants

+1

Thanks for the posted photo, it helps! I would either recommend the 420's + a donut lift or a 500 cc without the lift. Best to see in person 3 boarded surgeons in your area so you can fully understand the operative plans. Called informed consent. Best of luck. 

Augmentation first and lift when needed

+1

By your photo it is hard to determine the exact height of the nipple in realation to the breast fold.  You do have some breast laxity but it looks like you should do okay with just implants.  Do the implants and let them settle into place and see how you like the appearance.  You can always do a lift at another time when you are sure you need it.

Best Wishes

Dr. Peterson

Marcus L. Peterson, MD
Saint George Plastic Surgeon