Can I Selectively Dissolve Juvederm from Philtrium?

I had my lips enhanced top and bottom with one syringe (1cc) of juvederm. It's been 5days and I am not to crazy about the philtrium that my injector convinced me was important to enhance. This is my first treatment with fillers and my primary concern is that the juvederm will stimulate collagen production in my philtrium and leave that as a more pronounced ridge. Should I wait it out or is it better that I find a new injector (I'm moving to a different state) to dissolve it? Please advise!

Juvederm is totally reversible

Thankfully, Juvederm is totally reversible with hyaluronidase injection, and only the philtrum may be reversed if you wish to keep the rest of your filler.

It may take a couple visits to completely reverse.

Saint Louis Facial Plastic Surgeon

607 S. Lindbergh
Saint Louis, MO 63131

Juvederm to lip area

Without viewing a picture of your lips before and after, it's difficult to answer this question. If you don't like the look and want it removed, be sure you visit a well-trained and experienced injector - dissolving product in that area has to be handled by an expert so as not to diffuse to areas you don't want it removed.

Sam Naficy, MD

1110 112th Ave NE
Bellevue, WA 98004

Dissolving juvederm from the philtrum

I would wait up to 2 weeks after your filler injection (as there can be swelling or bruising), and if still not pleased, then have your physician dissolve some of it with hyaluronidase which is incredibly safe in experienced hands.

Benjamin Barankin, MD
Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon

4256 Bathurst Street
Toronto, ON M3H 5Y8

Dissolve Juvederm easily

The great thing about any of the hyaluronic acid fillers is that if there is anything you want to reverse, you can simply inject an enzyme called hyaluronidase and it will quickly dissolve the product.  This is true for Juvederm, restylane, perlane, or any of the other hyaluronic acid fillers.  Injecting the philtrum can provide some upper lip definition and lift that you may like once it settles down soon.  

Laurie Jacobson, MD
Seattle Dermatologist

11011 Meridian Ave North
Seattle, WA 98133

Disolving Juvederm

It seems your doctor was giving you the "Paris Lip". Some people like this look  for the lip and it is a personal preference. I would give it 2 weeks to let all the swelling and bruising resolve. If you still want it removed at that point your doctor can inject Hyaluronidase into it and it will disappear.

Esta Kronberg, MD
Houston Dermatologic Surgeon

7500 Beechnut St
Houston, TX 77074

Juvederm in philtrum

At 5 days after injection to the philtrum you may be experiencing a lot of swelling. Give it two weeks before considering dissolving the product.

1049 Fifth Ave
New York, NY 10028

Juvederm lips

Dear Santa Barbara,

-I think your injector was looking to give you "Paris Lips" which is not wrong, and just a preference

-I would let the swelling come down and re-evaluate after 2 weeks.  If you still do not like it, then have it dissolved.

-The collagen production is very minimal, if any, I would not worry about permanent ridges

Best regards,

Nima Shemirani

Nima Shemirani, MD

201 South Lasky Drive
Beverly Hills, CA 90212

Selectively dissolving Juvederm is possible

I am unsure why your philtirum was treated, but yes, you can selectively remove Juvederm with a good injector and hyaluronidase. However, I would suggest you wait a minimum of 2 weeks for all swelling and any bruising to subside. That will give you a better idea of what might need to be adjusted.

F. Victor Rueckl, MD

8937 W Sahara Ave
Las Vegas, NV 89117