Seeking revision for ethnic wide flat nose. Which procedures would you recommend? (Photo)

I am a Black female. I have had only one nose job years ago. The doctor shaved the sides of my bridge and performed alar plasty. I think my nose is still too wide and flat. My nose is currently about 6.5 cm long and 4.5 cm wide at the base. Also my nose tip is too wide with no projection. What procedures would you recommend in order for me to achieve my ideal nose as pictured on the album cover below?

Diced cartilage graft and columellar strut graft

+2
Dear foxyboxy,

Rhinoplasty requires in depth evaluation and discussion so you and your plastic surgeon will have to discuss what you would like to accomplish and how to go about doing so.  You will most likely benefit from a diced cartilage graft to the bridge of the nose (turkish delight) and some type of nasal tip graft.  The combination of the two will allow your nose to be taller and more projected thereby adding height and presenting a narrower appearance.

Dr. Remus Repta

For African American Rhinoplasty, adding to the tip and bridge will make the nose actually look more slender

+2
In many African American noses, the nasal bones are very small. Attempting to narrow them by osteotomies, does not really work. Adding a graft to raise the bridge a few millimeters will have the effect of making the nose appear narrower and the eyes closer together. As for the nasal tip, you also have  small round nasal tip. Adding grafts of your own cartilage will also make the tip appear narrower and more sculpted, as in the model photo you provided.

Steven J. Pearlman, MD

African American Rhinoplasty

+1
Hi,

You will probably need a dorsal nasal implant of some sort with tip refinement using cartilage grafts in the tip and possibly a tip defatting procedure. I recently wrote  consumer book on Ethnic rhinoplasty, link below. You should also send your pics for computer imaging so you can see what is achievable with another rhinoplasty.

Dr.S.

Oleh Slupchynskyj, MD, FACS