Seeking Opinions on Revising or Improving a Stretched and Sunken Scar in the Nasolabial Area? (photo)

I've experienced minor trauma (of a stretching/tension induced nature) to the cheek area resulting in a crease/sunken scar/stretch mark in the nasolabial area & puffiness in the adjacent moustache area where the soft issue appears to have descended/tethered. Any opinions on how this might be improved? I prefer an approach that doesn't involve use of facial fillers or fat transfer as I understand some people react adversely to fillers/fat & prefer low/no maintenance if possible. Thank you.

Belotero and fractional co2 for nasolabial fold lines and scars

+1

Belotero facial filler and fractional co2 laser will work well to remedy the scarring and improve contour.  I use Belotero and believe it is a very good alternative to other fillers.

Scar treatments

+1

Two approaches that may help improve this scar would be fractional laser resurfacing and actually re-excising the scar.  Because the scar is along a relaxed skin tension line, re-excising and suturing it may minimize it to a fine line.

Fractional laser resurfacing can improve this scar but will most likely require several treatment sessions.

Emily Altman, MD
Short Hills Dermatologic Surgeon