Seeking Forehead Augmentation, Are Fillers a Good Option?

I am a 29 year old woman of Asian descent with a retarded forehead ( mild to moderate sloping). I have undergone forehead and temple augmentation using autologous fat transfer twice, and was very happy with the results - my forehead and temples looked convex and feminine... but unfortunately for me, the desired effect only lasted 1-2 months each time. I am wondering if there are other fillers (not fat) that would give longer lasting and safe results?

Best option is Sculptra

+2

This can sometimes happen with fat transfers. For some it can last for years, and others for only a few months. Sculptra is probably a better option for you because it is a dermal filler that lasts longer (up to years not months) and is actually designed to create fullness. The benefit of Sculptra is you don't risk your body absorbing the filler as it would with fat.

Forehead augmentation

+2

I would suggest starting with Sculptra as the area you are interested in is fairly large and wide. I think fat injections there would likely last less time than in the other areas due to the increased muscular activity of the forehead.

Julio Garcia, MD

Forehead Augmentation

+1
Sculptra would probably be the best choice for you in this area.  Sculptra is a liquid which is absorbed and allows your body to produce its own collagen.  Sculptra lasts two years and is ideal in this situation and leads to long lasting and natural results.  I have been thrilled with the results I can achieve with Sculptra.

Michele S. Green, MD

+1

I'd have to see front and side pictures of your forehead to make a further evaluation however, Sculptra would seem more appropriate.  Thick fillers can constrict the thin walled veins in the Glabellar area and should be avoided.  Scuptra would work and isn't thick enough to constrict the veins..  Be sure the MD doing the injections understands and follows the proper aesthetics of facial beauty.