Seeking a Chin Lengthening Implant to Length the Face by Affixing to Bottom of Jaw

I went to a plastic surgeon that said chin implants are for projection of the jaw not for lengthening the jaw. She said to go to an oral dentist doctor that could possiably create a custom implant to length my jaw. I have projection but would like a more dominate longer jaw to diminish the width of the jaw line. HELP?

Lengthening the face with a chin implant

+1

The typical chin implants that are placed will give approximately 3 mm of downward projection to the chin, creating the elusion of a longer face. They can be custom carved and adjusted depending upon the patient’s needs, wants, and desires. They come in multiple different sizes and forms and shapes. We use the silastic implants in our surgery center. The only other way to lengthen the jaw line is to have osteotomies done by an oral surgeon.  

Options to lengthen chin

+1

You may want to discuss your desired procedure with a maxillofacial surgeon. Optons include a segmental osteomy with interposition graft.

+1

I do not quite understand your question and you did not post a photo. Seek other opinions from boarded surgeons in your area. Like Dr Toby Mayer. From MIAMI Dr. Darryl J. Blinski 305 598 0091

Facial appearance

+1

You want narrower width of the jawline. Then you are doing the wrong surgery. Adding more lenth to the chin will not narrow you jaw line.

You need multiple consultation, with palstic surgeons and maxillofacial surgeons and communicate what exactly you want.

Chin implants can actually lenthen the jaw a modest amount

+1

While the most common application for chin implants is to increase (forward) projection, they can also add a limited amount of length (inferiorly - towards the toes).

Custom implants are an option; there are also specifically designed "vertical" implants to achieve this goal. I recently placed one of these in a very similar circumstance - where the patient desired both forward projection and inferior lengthening - with good success.

Large amounts of lenthening, though, are truly best addressed with actual bony surgery.

Good luck!

Mike Nayak, MD

Laxmeesh Mike Nayak, MD
Saint Louis Facial Plastic Surgeon