Seeking advice on tip rhinoplasty? (photo)

Hi, I'm 26 year old male whose had rhinoplasty before except I'm not happy with how my tip looks. I feel the tip is too droopy and bulgy and does not have a sharper point. I also feel my nostril flaps are too fat and large. What would the required procedure to make my tip sharper and nostrils smaller require? My goal is to have a more balanced nose tip in relation to my face. Also if cost estimate can be given I would really appreciate.

Seeking advice on tip rhinoplasty?

+1

The tip can likely be refined and lifted. I did a revision on a patient with very similar concerns last week. This may cost $7000 on the low end.

Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Revision Rhinoplasty

+1

Just based on the photos you provided, it does appear that you could expect improvement in the tip of your nose with revision surgery. It's likely the procedure would involve strategic cartilage refinement and possibly grafting as well. An in-person consultation is the best way to get an idea of the right surgical plan for you.

According to the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery, the average surgical fee for rhinoplasty is around $4500. There would be additional costs--such as the facility fee--on top of that, and sometimes revision surgery is more expensive than the initial procedure.

You may already know that revision surgery is more difficult than an initial rhinoplasty since the nose has already been modified--internal structures may be weakened and there will be scar tissue to handle. For this reason, don't let price be the deciding factor in choosing a surgeon. Seek a board certified plastic surgeon whose website indicates they perform revision rhinoplasty regularly. You want this second surgery to be your last!

Elliot Jacobs, M.D.

Elliot W. Jacobs, MD

Tip rhinoplasty revision

+1

It seems that you have strong, thick cartilage and thick skin. Usually this requires tip grafts for better definition. Depending on your height, the dip of your nose could need to be rotated up a bit. Also, it is possible that the outer part of your tip cartilage may need to be rotated down for better nostrils shape. I have given you a link.

Stuart H. Bentkover, MD
Boston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Revision rhinoplasty cost

+1

To narrow , refine and lift the tip, suture techniques of the lower lateral cartilages will be required along with a strut graft. The wide nostrils can be narrowed with an alar plasty. A columellar-plasty will tuck the columella upwards and inwards. Composite skin grafts from the ears will most like to be required to improve the nostril notching and flaring. Our price list for rhinoplasty and revision rhinoplasty is located on the link below

Tip Graft Required!

+1

With the limited information provided by your photos it appears as if you would benefit from further refinement of your nasal tip cartilages and the placement of a cartilage graft. The graft would support the other tip structures, prevent drooping of the tip of the nose and give you a stronger, more defined look that would better fit your nasal profile.

Eric Sadeh, MD

Rhinoplasty Revision

+1
Dear tory, The concerns that you have following your rhinoplasty seem somewhat valid based on the photos that you have provided. Unfortunately, the photos are not of great quality and appear to have taken with a wide angle lens, which would further widen the appearance of your nose. Also, you did not include a good full profile view. At any rate, from these photos it appears that there is a disproportionate relationship between your nostril rims and your columella (the central part of your nostril). You should consider revisionary surgery to address these relationships. Consultation with an American Board of Plastic Surgery board certified plastic surgeon will better define your needs and options. Be sure that your rhinoplasty was longer than 1 year ago, or you will most likely be told to wait at least that long. Also, your pre surgery photos would be helpful for whoever evaluates you in the future. Good luck!

Kenneth R. Francis, MD