Should I Seek Another Doctor for my Breast Augmentation Revision?

BA-Dec. 2009. Left breast is longer than right & it shows. Dr. wants to take v out from underneath left to make it smaller. I don't see how taking skin out from underneath will make the breast not be as long. I do not know whether to chance scarring for unknown or go to another dr for suggestions.

Vertical mastopexy revision of long breast

+1

IT sounds as if your surgeon is advising a veritcal mastopexy in which a vertical inverted wedge shaped v is removed from the lower half of the breast to make the shape of the breast more cone like.

Breast augmentation revision, a second opinion never hurts

+1

Breast augmentation results can be limited by asymmetry of the breast or differences in the skin envelope of the breast. If your breast appears 'long' on one side is seems that your surgeons suggestion involves a lift or mastopexy to improve the shape. Breast lift does increase external scars on the breast and is likely to cause concerns on many levels. If you are uncomfortable with the suggestion, it often pays to get a second opinion to support what your surgeon has in mind. It never hurts to take time to understand your options well and increase the confidence you have in reaching a decision. Few if any surgeons would discourage you.

peterejohnsonmd

Breast asymmetry

+1

Without seeing photos it would be hard to say what you  may need?  A breast too long?  I am not sure what you mean by that.

Long Breast?

+1

Without an accurate photograph, it is hard to comment on what may or may not be appropriate for your situation.  That being said, if you are uncomfortable with the direction that your surgeon wants to go, then it never hurts to go for a second opinion.

Christopher V. Pelletiere, MD
Barrington Plastic Surgeon

If in doubt - get a Second Opinion

+1

No point in commenting on the fine points of your question especially without a photograph to show us what you are referring to. For your own peace of mind, if you have any lingering doubts or questions, there is no better investment than getting one or more OTHER opinions regarding your situation and possible options. Good Luck.