Will you be able to see a significant change the first few weeks after rhinoplasty?

Hello :) I am considering getting a nose job, possibly just a tip-plasty. However, this question isn't so much about me as it is more broad--will patients be able to see significant change post-op in the first few weeks after surgery? I don't want a nose job if it's going to take a year to even seem like I had one lol. Thank you!

Rhinoplasty

+2

Initially there will be swelling after the surgery, but changes are generally apparent within the first month or so after surgery.  The swelling will continue to decrease up to one year after rhinoplasty surgery, but this is so gradual.  Please consult with a board certified specialist who can assist you with achieving the results you seek.

Rhinoplasty

+2

It all depends on what is done with the nose and whether the change you need is subtle or more dramatic.  Either way, however, you should be able to see the difference a few weeks after surgery.  Photos would help.  Merry Christmas!

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

+2

Most patients see a significant change in the first couple of weeks after a rhinoplasty. Healing however, depends on multiple variables including the extent of the procedure, your particular anatomy including skin thickness, inherited genetics, underlying medical health, and following of the the post-operative instructions.

A subsequent subtle decrease of swelling gradually improves over multiple months.

Robert Singer, MD  FACS

La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty changes the first few weeks after the procedure

+2

There are a lot of variables in the healing process between skin types and surgical techniques  so it is a very difficult question to answer. The bridge of the nose tends to heal much faster after a hump is been removed than does the nasal tip. When nasal tip surgery is performed such as tip suturing techniques, the tip tends to stay more swollen with lymphatic edema especially in thick skinned individuals.

Nose

+2
Obviusly photos would be helpful but most patients see a significant change in their nose when the splint is removed. Most patients cry with joy when they see the changes that have taken place and the result only gets better with time as the swelling leaves the nose. Dr. Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD
Brea Plastic Surgeon

+1
I would say that I perform 98% of my rhinoplasties in closed fashion.  In just about all of these cases, the nose will look more refined even one week after surgery.

Find a board certified plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Healing after Rhinoplasty

+1
Our San Diego patients generally look good within one week, with most of the swelling resolving in 4 weeks. Subtle changes make take up to one year.

Roy A. David, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon