Will I See Results if 8000 Cc of Fat Was Removed During Tumescent Lipo?

This is my 5th day post op. I saw immediate results after my procedure and I know it takes up to 6 months to see the final results, but I'm still concern about if I will have a good/better outcome. I had large volume lipo, I'm 5'10 and 225lb after the precedure I was down to 211lb. Please give me some advice. Thank you

+1

8 liters is a very significant amount, and you should notice a nice difference once the swelling subsides.  Swelling can persist for 6 months and sometimes up to 1 year following liposuction.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Large volume liposuction

+1

I tell patients the happiest patients from liposuction are the ones who need it least.  A patient who is in shape and near their ideal body weight with a bulge of stubborn fat will notice a big difference with a smaller volume of liposuction.  

An overweight/ obese patient with 30 L of excess fat may barely notice a very large volume reduction.  LIposuction is neither for weight loss nor treatment of obesity.

8 L of fat of fat removal is a HUGE volume for one treatment and you can expect a significant amount of swelling for the first couple of weeks.  In cases such as yours, I would expect the final outcome to generally be much better than the results seen immediately after surgery.

York Jay Yates, MD
Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

Large volume liposuction

+1

Liposuction is used for body contouring, not for the treatment of weight loss or obesity. if you had a large volume liposuction done when u are in fact quite obese to begin with, u may not see permanent results, as there is a chance it might recur or u may gain it in untreated areas. just make sure u dont gain weight and lose weight after the procedure so that the results u got from lipo will last

Misbah Khan, MD

Weight loss ad liposuction

+1

Liposuction is not a substitute for diet and exercise. But if you had large volume liposuction removing 8Liters of fat, then you should definitely see some changes as the swelling dissipates.

Large Volume Liposuction

+1

Hello. I didn't see your age or sex but when you wrote "large volume liposuction," and gave your height and weight, it sounds like you might be obese.

I know it seems great to see all that fat coming out during liposuction. Actually, the doctor's part is much easier when someone is overweight because the fat comes out more freely and fast.

The big problem with LIPOSUCTION FOR WEIGHT LOSS is that almost always, within a short period of time, the fat comes right back! Sure, some fat cells were sucked out, but there are always some left, and they can fill up with fresh fat quickly.

At this point, I suggest you pretend you didn't even have liposuction. Your goals should be to change your lifestyle and eating habits. 

Have you ever seen a dietician? Many health insurance plans will cover the cost of seeing a dietician. Just ask your doctor to write a prescription or "order" for your visits.

Also, you need to become more active. Join one or more active groups.

Good luck. Now the harder part begins.

T. Wayne Day, MD
Nashville Dermatologic Surgeon