My TT Open About 12" Long from Middle of Stomach Should I Be in Bed or Walking Around Alot? (photo)

I Will See my Doctor on Monday 13. I am still drainning from the open wound, change dressing twice a day shower twice a day, taking vit c2000 and iron and b12. My side look great and belly botton also, just very depress of how it open in middle. sending a picture what should I ask my doctor about this what am I to expect.

Abdominal Wound Complication after Tummy Tuck

+1

It appears that you have a significant wound healing problem after your tummy tuck.  I am uncertain whether you smoke or have any medical history.  

I would recommend following up with your plastic surgeon prior to your next appointment if possible.   It appears that you have some nonviable tissue with fat necrosis that may require wound care or a wound vac to resolve in a reasonable time frame.

I wish you a safe and healthy recovery.

My TT Open About 12" Long from Middle of Stomach Should I Be in Bed or Walking Around Alot?

+1

The posted photos shows wound edge necrosis and dehiscence. Best to ask your operative surgeon for his/her advise since they did your operation. In my patients I restrict exercise but normal everyday activity hard to limit. Good luck 

Activity with open TT wound

+1
i am sorry to hear that you have suffered a wound dehiscence. you should follow your plastic surgeon's followup and activity instructions but, typically, I prefer that my patients are out of bed and moving about. Many factors can contribute to dehiscence. prefer to use drains postop to reduce the incidence of open wounds; if you are a smoker, this would be a contributing factor.

Robert L. Kraft, MD