Had Juvederm Around My Mouth 1 Weeks Ago and Have Bruising and Lumps; Did Something Go Wrong?

I had juvederm injections around my mouth one week ago and feel as though something may be wrong. I still have bruising and I also have some lumps in several different areas that I can see and feel....I only had 1 syringe and really don't see much of a difference in appearance at all, especially the lines I was hoping to erase. A couple of the lumps on the inside of my lip are black/blue in color. I found the whole process and post period quite painful. Any advice?

Juvederm around the mouth

+2

Bruising and lumps can take 2 weeks to resolve.  Depending on which areas need correcting, one syringe may not be enough for the desired result.  Please have your treatments with a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon who is an experienced injector.

Toronto Dermatologist

Juvederm Injections...

+1

Although unfortunate, this can happen and is a common side effect.  I always recommend following up with your provider 2 weeks post treatment. 

Good luck.

Dr. Grant Stevens 

Grant Stevens, MD

Lumpiness and swelling after Juvederm

+1

Bruising and swelling can take up to 2 weeks to resolve.  Lumpiness can be felt for several weeks, but will gradually soften as the hyaluronic acid is incorporated.  It often takes more than one syringe to get an effect and is best added stepwise to avoid overfilling.

Matheson A. Harris, MD
Salt Lake City Oculoplastic Surgeon

Juvederm and bruising and lumps

+1

Bruising is fairly common around the lips after innejction. Sometimes patients do develop lumps after injection and I personally have them massage it, but I would check with your injector.

Juvederm bruising and lumps

+1

It is normal to have bruising and possibly lumps after Juvederm.  You also mentioned that you see no difference after one syringe.  This is highly unusual.  Maybe the product wasn't placed correctly.  Bruising will resolve in 7-10 days.  Lumps can settle down if you massage them.  You should definitely go back and see your doctor about that.

Peterson Pierre, MD
Los Angeles Dermatologist