Will I Ever See my Belly Button Again Without Surgery?

I've lost about 65 pounds in the last year and a half. I was told that I have loose skin but my stomach has always been this shape even at my highest weight. Is it loose skin? Will it get better as I lose more weight? Cause there is still fat behind it

Surgery to find my Lost Belly Button?

+1

Congratulations on your healthful weight loss. It looks to me like your disappearing belly button is due to loose skin and the particular fat distribution of your abdomen. If you wish to loose more weight, go for it. but I don't think your button will re-emerge. Once you reach your goal weigh,t I think you will be a great candidate for a tummy tuck which can give you a flatter, tighter abdomen with a more defined belly button.

Federal Way Plastic Surgeon

Loose skin and fat

+1

From your picture the tissue over the umbilicus looks like loose skin and fat. This may be amenable to a full tummy tuck to correct this.

Loose skin

+1

I have seen in most patients the skin loosen more with weight loss and look worse. That is the bad news. The goods news is that it can be corrected with surgery. It is wonderful you are getting healthy and close to your goal weight. I would be happy to see you to determine what options you have.  You can contact my office from the information on realself.

Michael Hueneke, MD

Excess Tummy Skin covering the Belly Button

+1

The youthful belly button has a round or oval appearance. As skin excess forms over the belly button, it compresses it and creates a banana-like fold over the belly button. This will NOT get better with anything except a Full Tummy Tuck; The operation will remove all excess abdominal skin as well as flatten the tummy, narrow the waist, lift a sagging Mons pubis and, depending on the technique, can lift sagging anterior thighs smoothing any upper thigh cellulite dimpling.

You do NOT appear fat and barring any undisclosed issues you appear like an IDEAL Tummy Tuck candidate.

Good luck

Peter A Aldea, MD

Loose skin after weight loss

+1

This will not get better on its own even with more weight loss.  A tummy tuck will most likely get you the result you are looking for and is a commonly  performed and safe operation provided you are medically healthy.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Loose skin after weight loss

+1

You will never see your belly button again without surgery but the good news is that you look like a patient who should get a great result with a tummy tuck.

John P. Stratis, MD
Harrisburg Plastic Surgeon

Loose Skin after Weight Loss

+1

After weight loss, the skin may end up loose. Most likely, the skin will get looser as you lose more weight. If it does not get better a few months after you reach your weight goal, you may consider a tummy tuck.

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS
Ohio Plastic Surgeon

Weight Loss and Umbilicus?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures.

Congratulations on your weight loss. Unfortunately, with ongoing weight loss you may find that there is an increased amount of “loose skin” that may cover the umbilicus.

If a tummy tuck is part of your plan,  the operation will serve to remove the redundant skin and adipose tissue, “repair” the abdominal wall muscles that have spread, and expose your umbilicus again.