Will I See More Upper Swelling?

I am 2 weeks post-op from upper blepharoplasty, & although I'm happy with the symmetry & the scars are already almost invisible, the more the swelling goes down, the less "eyelid" I see. I liked how they looked when they were more swollen because the eyelids were so puffy they were much more visible. I read somewhere that as the swelling continues to go down you will see more eyelid, but that doesn't make sense to me. So my question is as swelling continues to go down, will I see more or less?

Eyelid Swelling Following Blepharoplasty

+1

It is normal to still have some swelling two weeks post-operatively following blepharoplasty.  The reason you see more eyelid as the swelling goes down, is that fat and excess skin was removed from around the eye. The result should be better definition and less hooding above the eye making the eyelid more visible.  I hope this makes sense and that you achieve your desired result.  

Grand Rapids Plastic Surgeon

Eyelid Swelling

+1

Yes, as the swelling recedes your lid will show a better more defined contour. Your improvement will be best seen over the first month or so but there are still changes for a few months. Be patient and give it time. I am sure you will have a nice result.

Scott R. Brundage, MD
Grand Rapids Plastic Surgeon

Swelling settling

+1

As the swelling settles, the platform of the eyelid will become less visible as the eyelid tucks in better into the natural crease.

A.J. Amadi, MD
Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon