Can See and Feel Implant on the Side of Right Breast, is This Normal? (photo)

Hello! I am 8 days post op, and while my incisions have healed amazingly (inframmary incisions), my left breast is higher than my right breast, and on the side of my right breast (armpit side) I can see a lump near the bottom which I assume is the implant as its springy to the touch. As well under my right breast I can feel the implant below my insicion. I know its still pretty early to tell, but I am super concerned about 'double bubble'. Thank you for your help!!!

Palpable implant

+2

At 8 days after surgery you are still swollen. You should give it time to settle down. But, I will say that most implants are palpable in the lower pole.

Early postop

+2

Alicia, I think you are doing well for 8 days postop.  With time, the lower breast skin will stretch and allow the implant to fall into a more natural position. It may be that you can feel the implant in the future, but it will get softer and more natural with time. I would not worry about having a double bubble at this point. I think you are on good track!

Gordon Lewis, MD
Richmond Plastic Surgeon

Double Bubble

+2

You look like you have a great result.

I would sit tight, wear your post-op garment and see how it all settles in time.

Worry about "double-bubble" if it arises, no use stressing now.

Pouria Moradi, MBBS, FRACS
Sydney Plastic Surgeon

Breast Surgery

+1
The implants are in there and there is always some position that you can feel them and that is ok, in regards to swelling its very early and you need to wait for the inflammation from surgery to calm down 

Ryan Neinstein, MD, FRCSC