Tummy Tuck Practical with a Vertical C-section Scar?

I had two c sections about 25 years ago. The scar runs vertically, Will the tummy tuck be practical?

Tummy tuck after c-section

+1

A good portion of that scar would be removed in a tummy tuck or I sometimes even use it to tighten and narrow the waist even more. Watch my video.

Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck practical with a vertical c-section scar

+1

Yes! but a photo would help us answer more specifically. The plan is to change the vertical scar to a horizontal one if there is enough tissue to be removed.

From MIAMI DR. B 

If you have Loose Skin, Tummy Tuck will REMOVE even a Vertical C-Section Scar

+1
A vertical C section scar is not a contraindication for performing a Tummy Tuck. In most such cases, depending on the extent to skin looseness, we can remove all or most of the scar and still give you a flat tummy, narrower waist and often smoother dimple free anterior upper thighs.

Tummy tuck works well with vertical c-section scar.

+1

Hi.

When doing tummy tuck in Manhattan, we usually remove the skin between the belly button and the pubic hair.  So your vertical scar can typically be gone.

Tummy tuck usually removes C-section scar

+1

An abdominoplasty would be indicated for you if there is laxity of the skin, with or without extra fat in the front of the abdomen. Typically, a  horizontally-oriented football-shaped area of skin from the belly button to the pubic area is removed, so this would include most vertical C-section scars. You would need to see a plastic surgeon in order to determine if it is the best option for you, since no one can give you specific recommendations online. With tummy tucks I always encourage patients to consider the progressive tension suture technique for faster recovery and good results.

Tummy tuck after vertical C section is possible

+1

Since the tummy tuck will remove the skin below your belly button (were your C section scar is), the procedure is straight-forward to do. Your abdominal wall muscles will be tightened and liposuction can be done to improve your overall contour. Seek out a board certified plastic surgeon for this procedure.

Web reference: http://www.seattleface.com/html/tummy_tuck.php

Tummy Tuck after C-Section

+1

Yes, an abdominoplasty or tummy tuck after c-section is very useful.  You have not posted pictures, so it is impossible to comment specifically on your case.  However, if you scar is below your umbilicus or belly button, then it will likely be completely removed during the tummy tuck.  Good luck with your procedure.  

Web reference: http://www.ShaferPlasticSurgery.com