Can a Secondary Liposuction and Fat Graft to the Chest Repair my Body?

I underwent liposuction of chest and stomach. For the chest, I am left with crater deformity and my tummy is rippled. I have loose skin but not interested in abdominoplasty.

My question is: would it be a good idea to go for a secondary lipo to smoothen tummy (Smart vs vaser)? Would it be feasible to have fat graft on the chest (i.e. live graft)? What are my options?

Fat graft to repair chest deformity

+2

Dear Sabercut,

I am ASSUMING your moniker is based on your deformity. I think the deformity is fixable. I would advise that you wait until the skin and underlying tissues are soft, supple and free of inflammation. Once that stage of healing is reached, you may benefit from liposuction of the shoulders surrounding the depression and fat grafting all layers of the depression to fill it up. More than one fat transfer procedure may be required since some of the fat will not take and persist. But, in whole, this should take care of it.

Pick a Plastic surgeon you trust and this problem will be taken care of.

Good Luck.

Revision is necessary

+2

It will be necessary to do some secondary liposuction for your correction. The "type" of liposuction is not as important as the experience of the person doing it.

Fat transfer is also required to repair the depressed areas. All of the revision may require more than one session to get the fat to take and see how it heals. You will need to wait enough time to make sure things are stable prior to the correction and in between sessions.

Make sure you discuss this with an experienced, qualified surgeon.

Best Wishes

Dr. Peterson

Marcus L. Peterson, MD
Saint George Plastic Surgeon