Second Revision Rhinoplasty After Removing Grafts?

I'm done with my healing year, and my Revision Rhinoplasty turned out extremely bad. Main problem is the grafting my nose is very, very extreme, and it is clearly a bad surgery. I have no money to travel and see a specialist for a 2nd revision, my doctor won't give me any sort of refund.

It is very emotionally painful to cope with my nasal image while trying to save money up. If I were to let this doctor at take out my grafts, how long would I have to wait to get a 2nd revision by a different surgeon?

Revision rhinoplasty is a very delicate situation.

+2

I conducted a study on revision rhinoplasty to examine the most common concerns of patients who are seeking revision surgery. It is important to have a supportive surgeon. Revision surgery is also unpredictable. Most patients get improvement but some do not. I usually recommend at least a year between surgeries, sometimes more. It takes this long for scar tissue to soften and changes to take place. Revision surgery should never be rushed into. You should have a long talk with your surgeon about your goals and what they think can be done. If you are not happy after this discussion, seek out a revision rhinoplasty specialist.

Web reference: http://www.revisionrhinoplastyny.com/

Revision of your Revision Rhinoplasty

+1

In general I recommend waiting about one year between surgeries. Unless your nose looks a lot worse than it did prior to your first revision surgery, I recommend waiting until you save the money, rather than removing the grafts. If you see a revision specialist now, he/she can help you with this decision. I'm sorry you have this problem, but you don't want to make another mistake.

You might benefit from a Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty Procedure.

+1

Without seeing you, I can't tell whether or not you'll require additional surgery to improve your appearance. If your nose is the right size or small (not too large), you would be surprised how much improvement you could get from an Injectable Filler procedure. Visible cartilage irregularities and asymmetries can often be improved; with no downtime and minimal expense.

Non-Surgical Rhinoplasties are some of the most gratifying procedures for my patients and me.

I've attached a link to my Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty photos for your perusal.

I hope this is helpful for you.

Web reference: http://ericmjoseph.com/index.cfm/ProcedureNameID/731/PageID/4141

West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Revision Rhinoplasty

+1

I agree with Dr. Pearlman.

You may want to consider leaving the graft removal to the second plastic surgeon rather than returning to the first surgeon and then planning a third surgical procedure with someone else.

Revision rhinoplasty

+1

I am sorry you are having such a rough time with your nose. If you have the grafts removed, I would probably have you wait at least 6 months to a year to have a revision performed.

Revision Rhinoplasty

+1

This will be your third rhinoplasty, and you have not gotten the results you want.

Now you are one year post op. This is the ideal timing for the revision surgery.

See a specialist in revision rhinoplasty and let them decide on the graft and the revision.

I recommend Dr. B. Guyuron, Chairman, Department of Plastic Surgery at Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio.