Will Second Fraxel Repair Damage my Face?

I had Fraxel Repair performed 5 months ago. I noticed some of the fine lines by my eyes returning. I am considering doing it again but I am concerned I might be 'over lasering' my face.

Prior to doing the Fraxel repair I have done many photofacials. I am 39. Thank you.

Multiple treatments have been studied

+1

Hi Reggie--Our center was one of the research centers which did the original clinical work on the Fraxel Repair we have found it very safe and effective for multiple treatments. We usually wait a minimum of three months before performing the next treatment. You should see more and more improvement with each treatment. Take care, Dr. Groff

San Diego Dermatologist

Fraxel repair, Will a Second Treatment Damage the Face?

+1

Hi Reggie,

Fraxel repair may be repeated multiple times once your skin has fully recovered after 4 to 6 months (I have one patient who has had 4 treatments). Your physician should carefully evaluate your skin to make sure that the skin is healthy.

An advantage of Fraxel repair is that the power and the percentage of skin treated may be adjusted for the individual patient's skin.

Even with a "Lite" second treatment you should see much improvement.

Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.