Second Breast Augmentation to Reshape Breasts?

I had a Mammaplasty like 15 years ago but now my breasts have no shape again. I'm a 34C & I'm considering reshaping them again. What implant do I need? What is the procedure?

I want a round look and maybe a little bigger but not so big. Thank you.

Attaining beautiful shape in breast augmentation

+2

It really depends on your exam and desires but generally the best shape can be attained with siliccone implants placed in a subfascial plane.  I use almost exclusively a technique that I call cold-subfascial placement for this reason to deliver supported long lasting natural shape.

All the best,,

Rian A. Maercks M.D.

Redo breast augmentation should help you achieve your goals

+1

It is not unusual 15 years after breast augmentation, to consider a revision. Your body has probably had changes in this period of time. Weight gain, weight loss, pregnancies, and just time can change your breasts. The implants can also cause changes with leaks, and scar tissue causing firmness. You probably need new implants, possibly removal of scar tissue, and perhaps a breast lift (mastopexy). The new implants can be selected to help you achieve your goals with regard to shape and size. If you also need a lift, this allows even more ability to shape your breasts. Discuss all of this with your board certified plastic surgeon.

Michael D. Yates, MD
Huntsville Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation for reshaping

+1

Hi,

You really do need to see a plastic surgeon for an examination to determine what you will require. You may need a breast lift in addition to new implants, or a release of scar tissue (capsulectomy), or a combination of procedures. See at least two board-certified surgeons in your area if possible.

Good luck, /nsn.

Nina S. Naidu, MD, FACS

Revision breast augmentation.

+1

The proper procedure requires a physical examination to obtain the measurements by which we guide our surgical approach, You may need a lift and/or reduction. You may need a capsulectomy. You may benefit from a moderate, moderate plus, or high profile implant filled with either silicone or saline.

Discuss your goals with your surgeon. IT is likely that you will require larger incisions than your initial procedure .

Second breast augmentation depends on several factors

+1

No doubt your breasts have changed over the last 15 years so a careful reexamination should be done. Sometimes patients need a lift after childbirth, weight change or just time and this would help the shape of your breasts without necessarily increasing the size. Sometimes after that length of time capsules have formed around the implants and removing these capsules, along with replacing the implants is what you need. Sometimes its just a larger implant. All these options can be addressed at the time of your consultation.

Robert Frank, MD
Munster Plastic Surgeon

What would be the recommended procedure for my second Breast Augmentation?

+1

Hi there-

The recommended procedure and the alternatives available to you will depend on your current appearance and examination, your goals, and what you are willing to go through.

It's not unlike stopping to ask for directions along the side of the highway... The directions you receive will depend on where you are starting from, where you want to get to, the experience you would prefer, and the knowledge of the person giving you the directions...

I would recommend you find a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon with a good reputation for secondary breast surgery and visit with them for a consultation. After describing your goals and an examination in which they will get an idea of where you're starting from, they'll be able to offer you options and describe what your could expect from each, so that you can make decisions that will be best for you.

It would not be possible or responsible for me to try to advise you without the benefit of a better understanding of the details above- requiring a consultation and exam.

I hope that helps you understand-

Armando Soto, MD, FACS

Talk to a plastic surgeon in your area

+1

You need to be seen, and examined by a plastic surgeon. Advice over the internet without seeing you is worthless. Go see a profesional for advice.

William B. Rosenblatt, MD

Secondary Breast Augmentation

+1

If you feel that your breasts have lost shape over the past 15 years, you may need more than an implant exchange. It would not be unusual for a significant amount of sagging to occur during this time. You should seek an evaluation by a board-certified plastic surgeon with whom you can discuss your different options.

John Whitt, MD