What is Wrong with my Chest? (photo)

I am 23 years old. I think my chest and breasts are not normal. I have always had them this way. Is it a condition? I also think I have a caved in chest. Any input would be great.

What is Wrong with my Chest

+2

Better to do an in person exam, but the chest wall has the characteristics of what is called "pectus excavatum" and the breasts have ptosis (sag). The latin term translates to hollow chest, and you can read about it on wikipedia and many other sites. 

When it occurs in women, there are ofter anomolies of the breasts along with the pectus. 

Treatment:  

For the pectus, there are many complex procedures done by chest surgeons, and simpler ones done by plastic surgeons. When the defect is modest, as it appears here, custom made implants of silicone or other materials are used to fill it the defect. Sometimes fat can be grafted into the area.

For the breasts, a lift would be recommended to elevate the breast and correct the sagging. If the size is smaller than you would want, a breast enlargement would also be suggested.

Thank you for your question, and for the posted photos. Best wishes. 

Breast issue

+1

I think that you have some breast ptosis( sagging) and you could benefit from a lift and possible implants.  Best to be seen in person to get a better idea and proper exam.

You have a mild pectus and tuberous deformity.

+1

From your photos it looks like you have a mild pectus excavatum a.k.a. caved in chest and a mild tuberous breast deformity.  If I were your plastic surgeon, I would likely recommend a brest lift and possibly a little fat transfer to your central chest to camouflage the pectus.  I would do a lift that would minimize any disruption of your breast glands or ducts so hopefully you could breast feed if you choose to if and when you have children.  I encourage you to look into having corrective surgery if this problem bothers you every day. 

Lisa L. Sowder, MD

Sagging Breasts

+1

The breasts just have sagging or droop or ptosis (whatever name you prefer).  The chest wall does not appear grossly abnormal or caved in.   A slight defect should not be fixed.  A breast lift can lift your breast to make them rounder and higher.

Chest deformity

+1

Primarily, the issue you have is sagging of the breasts which can be corrected with a breast lift and small implants.  You are actually a really good candidate for the procedure.  You may have a mild degree of pectus excavatum,  meaning as you put it, a caved in chest.  It is only of a mild degree, however, and I would not recommend any surgery done to try to correct it.  Correcting a pectus excavatum is pretty involved and usually only done in severe cases.  

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

What is Wrong With My Chest?

+1

I do not see the chest abnormality that you show in your pictures. It is hard for me to comment on the limited views. There is noting wrong with your breasts at all. You have droop, known as ptosis in medical terms. It can happen to women of all ages, having had children or not. So, you have to decide, are you happy with the amount of breast tissue that you have? If so, then a breast lift would likely give you what you want. If you want larger and more perky breasts than placing an implant and having a breast lift will give you the best result. Seek out board certified plastic surgeon who can sit with you and talk through your concerns and give you an opinion after performing a physical exam. Best of luck!

Richard J. Brown, MD

Breast appearance

+1

Your breasts are not abnormal. There is a minor volume and shape difference between the right and the left and your breasts are sagging even though you are young. This is not uncommon. As far as the sunken chest is concerned,it is difficult to appreciate on the images and so I believe this is a minor concern.

You would see a significant improvement and nice result with a breast augmentation and breast lift.

Seek out a board certified plastic surgeon in your community to evaluate you and explain your options. I hope this was helpful.

Robert W. Kessler, MD, FACS
Corona Del Mar Plastic Surgeon

Chest and Breats Concerns

+1

You have breast ptosis (sagging). You may also have pectus excavatum (scooped out chest).  These two areas of concern are best evaluated in a consultation with a BC PS.  Your breasts can improved with a lift and implants.  If you do not correct the chest wall deformity then a larger implant on the "caved-in" side.  The chest could be addressed by a Thoracic surgeon.  The correction is a major procedure. 

Dr. ES

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

Correction of sagging breasts

+1

All breasts develop differently on different individuals.  Many young women can naturally develop sagging breasts.  This appears to be your major problem.  This can be corrected with a breast lift and breast augmentation.  

Sagging Breasts

+1

You appear to have a slight concavity in you sternum "pectus excavatum" but in my opinion, it is normal.  Your breasts have a moderate amount of ptosis or sagginess as well.  Implants might make this more exagerated if the position of the nipples are not addressed.  I would recommend implants with a periareolar "donut" excision.  This would lift the nipples, reduce their size and reshape the breasts into a more desirable shape.

Martin O'Toole, MD