When a Plastic Surgeon Perform an Abdomenoplasty. Do They Always Perform a Liposuction to Abdomen and Flank/hip?

Or they'll have to charge you deferently for liposuction.

Tummy Tuck with Liposuction

+3

Although tummy tucks can be safely combined with liposuction in the abdominal area,it is best to avoid liposuction below the area of the new belly button as this could cause some problems with healing of the skin in that specific area. I usually combine lioposuction of the upper abdomen and hip area at the same time and ths is part of my standard abdominiplasty procedure in order to give the best result to the entire trunk. 

Denver Plastic Surgeon

Lipo is not always needed with a Tummy Tuck

+2

Excellent question.   Liposuction is indeed a separate procedure from a tummy tuck.  What is most important is to know what your goals are with your body contouring procedure.  Oftentimes, patients need liposuction to contour the lower back and improve the waistline when undergoing a tummy tuck.  I prefer to surgically sculpt the tummy with my tummy tuck procedure so I don't use liposuction on the tummy when performing this procedure.  Definitely look at Before & After photos-- pay particular attention to the shape of the waistline, the position of the lower tummy scar (want this as low as possible so you have the option to wear a bikini if you choose), and the shape of the belly button-- as not all are aesthetic. Also- make sure your consultation is with a surgeon who is ABPS Board Certified in Plastic Surgery.

Rocco C. Piazza, MD

Tummy tuck, wether liposuction of flanks and abdomen is performed simultaneously ?

+2

I n order to improve the abdominal contour in three dimention, the majority of patients would benefit from simultaneous liposuction/liposelection ( Ultra sound/Vaser ) of the flanks. They are  often referred to as " hip rolls" or " love handles in most of TT candidates and are common source of concerns and complains in the majority of the patients we see in our clinic. If abdominal flap is thick due to accomulation of subcutaneous fat,  conservative abdominal liposuction/liposelection is recommended. Plstic surgeons are mindfull of not to be very aggressive in thinning the flap to compromise flap circulation especially in heavy smokers. 

Fereydoon S. Mahjouri, MD
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction Not Always Performed With A Tummy Tuck?

+2

Liposuction is not always performed with a tummy tuck.  It is an individual decision, but is used frequently since many patients that have tummy tucks also have excess fatty tissue in their flanks and lower backs.  Liposuction of these areas helps to improve the overall contour of the abdominal area and is complementary to the tummy tuck.  It can be performed through the same incisions as the tummy tuck and does not add significantly to the recovery.  Good luck!

Mark Schwartz, MD

Does abdominoplasty include flank liposuction?

+2

Every case is different.  Flank liposuction isn't always indicated.  If so, then I adjust my fee to include the additional procedure, at a signficant discount, and the surgicenter/anesthesia fees are also higher based on the extra time required to perform more surgery.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Liposuction with abdominoplasties

+2

No liposuction is not always combined with an abdominoplasty.  I often combine them in overweight patients or people with large flanks or hips but plenty of people do not need the liposuction

Chad K. Wheeler, MD
Spokane Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction With A Tummy Tuck

+2

In my practice, most patients will need or want liposuction in addition to their tummy tuck. In my opinion, this trunk area is treated as one unit. The most common area treated with a TT is the hip roll or "muffin top". This allows for a redefined waist and truly compliments the TT. We also may taper the upper abdomen with conservative liposuction as well. Other areas may be added (thighs, knees, flanks) at the surgeons discretion. Good luck. Dr. G.

Douglas L. Gervais, MD
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Is liposuction performed at the time of a tummy tuck?

+2

Abdominoplasty or tummy tuck means removal of the loose lower abdominal skin and tightening the abdominal muscles. In my practice, only 5% of my patients fit into this category. In 95% of my patients I do liposuction with my abdominoplasty procedure. Every plastic surgeon is different in how much liposuction he/she feels comfortable doing in conjunction with an abdominoplasty. Certainly there are  additional charges for the liposuction. I personally do extensive liposuction with my abdominoplasty. I use the VASER to contour the bra rolls, back, waist, hips, arms and thighs. I often fat grafts the buttocks at the same time. This is done in my patients whose BMI is 30 or less. I quote my patients a global fee for the combined procedure which is less if these were done separately. I prefer to call this procedure body contouring or 4D sculpt abdominoplasty, since I do address the whole body not just isolated areas. Otherwise, the results are suboptimal and you will look disharmonious. See a board certified plastic surgeon with extensive experience in body contouring. Good luck.

George Marosan, MD
Bellevue Plastic Surgeon

When a Plastic Surgeon Perform an Abdomenoplasty. Do They Always Perform a Liposuction to Abdomen and Flank/hip

+2

Liposuction  is separate from an abdominoplasty procedure.  Sometimes a surgeon will use liposuction to smooth out the flanks in addition to the abdominoplasty.

Paul Vitenas, Jr., MD

Tummy Tuck an Liposuction are two procedures

+2

Tummy Tuck an Liposuction are two procedures. Some Surgeons included liposuction on waist and flanks for better results. Find an excellent surgeon that performed thousands of Tummy Tuck per year with high quality.

Walkiris Robles, MD