When will I be able to return to the gym after rhinoplasty?

I had my rhinoplasty on 6/26/14. I have been feeling wonderful! I've returned to work and going out with friends. When can I start working out again?

When is it ok to return to working out at the gym after rhinoplasty

+1
Surgeons have varying recommendations about when it is advisable to go back to exercising after rhinoplasty. I would suggest calling your surgeon's office to find out his or her specific recommendation in your case. Most surgeons' recommendations would fall in the 2-4 week range.

+1
Hi Justine.  The surgical tape is removed after two weeks.  I recommend waiting at least 4 weeks before returning to your workout routine.  You need to give your nose time to heal.

Alfonso Gonzalez Cepeda, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Returning to the Gym After a Rhinolasty

+1
It sounds like you are doing great after your rhinopasty.  I hope that you like your new look.  

At two weeks, you should be able to get back to your workouts without any problem.  If there are no specific directions in your post-operative instructions you should check with your surgeon first, just to make sure.  

I hope that helps.

Best regards.

Brian Windle, MD
Kirkland Plastic Surgeon

Working out after Rhinoplasty

+1
It depends a bit on what was done on your nose: Bone work, tip rhino only, septoplasty? 
In general I tell my patients no gym for 2 weeks post op. then slowly back into your normal routine over the following 2 weeks. Basically back to your normal gym routine at 1 month. if your nasal bones were "broken" to reshape your nose, then I would wait for 45 days. 
I always tell my patients that after rhino, your nose will be very fragile for about 1 1/2 month. 

Henri P. Gaboriau, MD

+1
    I would definitely ask your surgeon about such parameters.

Los Angeles, CA............