Does this mole that appeared suddenly on my chest look dangerous? (photo)

This mole appeared literally overnight on my chest after some slight sun exposure. It is raised, pinkish brown, and about the size of my pinky fingernail. Do you think I should have it checked out by a dermatologist? Is it simple sun damage or something more sinister? I've recently gotten a lot better about wearing sunscreen, but I forgot one day and boom...new mole. I'm a little worried. Thanks!

Mole

+1
A mole that has appeared so suddenly is highly unlikely to be anything suspicious or malignant. It sounds like you are very cautious with your skin protection.You are best getting it checked by a physician though has it is very difficult to diagnose accurately with a picture. Regards 

Manchester Plastic Surgeon