Does Insurance Cover Prescription Medication Needed for Mommy Makeover?

I'm covered by my moms insurance until i turn 26, but there wont be any appointments open with my plastic surgeon until a month after my coverage ends. Im worried that I will not be able to get the surgery due to not having insurance anymore. I know that insurance does not cover cosmetic procedures, but I was wondering if it covers the prescriptions that are given by the plastic surgeon? Also, do i need to be insured in order for my PS to operate on me even though insurance wont pay? Thanks!

Although cosmetic surgical procedures are not covered, medications usually are. Except for some pricey medicines, no authorization protocols are used by any carriers that I know.

Assuming you are paying for you makeover, I cannot imagine that your surgeon will care about insurance coverage. However, if you have a complication requiring covered hospital care, you will be out of luck. (Some medical complications of surgery wind up being covered).

Thanks for your question, best wishes.