I had my arms done in 2005 twice... Do u think my scars could look better? (photo)

I feel like they spread and I also feel like again he might not of went tight enough. I was wondering if you think my scars spreading is normal or is due to the type of stitching my PS did? Or is this because the skin being thinner on our arms? I was also wondering if I should consider revising the scars, or that would just be a waste of time and money.

Arm lift scars

+2

From your photos, it looks like your scars are better than average for this operation.  I would leave them alone. 

And I would be careful about wanting the arms "tightened" up.  Your don't want your arms to be a lot thinner and tighter than the rest of you.  It would look out of balance and odd.

Arm lift scars

+1
Your arm lift scars look acceptable, although it is difficult to see from this one photo. If you were to get a revision please note that your scars will be more apparent. I recommend you accept your results as they are. You may also consider nonsurgical scar treatments. results may take a little while to achieve but it is worth a try. 

Jerome Edelstein, MD

I had my arms done in 2005 twice... Do u think my scars could look better?

+1

The single picture is difficult to evaluate, but I would probably leave the result as it is.

Los Angeles, California

+1

Though the post photo is not very exposed to the specific area, upper inner arms, the result looks acceptable. You needed to understand this area of surgery has a very high scar rate.

Arm skin won't yield great scars because its so thin

+1

The problem with are lifts is the scar. The scar is rarely great because the skin is naturally thin there and after weight gain and loss it is even thinner. The tighter you try to go, the worse the scar spreads out.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS