How Much Does It Cost to Remove Axillary Breast Tissue from Under One Arm?

I have axillary breast tissue under one arm. I would like to know what the price range is to have it surgically removed or liposuctioned out. Or is there a non-surgical option? I understand I need to consult with a plastic surgeon to find out my true options and cost however I wanted to know a range before pursuing it further. And does insurance ever cover this type of procedure?

Axillary breast tissue

+2

If you have axillary breast tissue, then liposuction usually is not successful. It is best to excise it directly.  The fee will vary.

Axillary Breast Tizsue Excisiona

+2

If the axillary breast tissue is not causing significant symptoms, no insurance will cover it. The costs depends on several things such as the location, the size of the tissue and how you would tolerate local anesthesia. A small amount of tissue that can be excised in the office under local anesthesia can probably be done for $800 to $1500. To find out for sure, as you said, you need a consult with a Plastic Surgeon.

Highlands Plastic Surgeon

Axillary Breast Tissue

+2

It is not possible to give you non-surgical options without an examination.  Pricing can range from $1500 on up depending on exactly what is performed and how it's performed.

It will be best to visit with board certified plastic surgeons in your area to discuss in more detail after an examination of the area of concern.

Best Wishes.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_breastReduction.htm

Axillary breast tissue and surgical costs

+2

This is a straight forward question with a direct answer.  In my facility your total cost for liposuction to that region would be $1200, and $1500 for excisional surgery if it is appropriate.  That is inclusive of anesthesia and facility costs. Hope that helps.

Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Excision of ectopic breast tissue

+2

Some insurances will cover the procedure.  See a board certified plastic surgeon in consultation and ask him to attempt to preauthorize it.  The price would vary between formal excision and liposuction.  Depending upon the type of tissue, it may not be amenable to liposuction.   If lipo could be performed, it would certainly leave a smaller scar  but this is within the realm of the consultation discussion.

Axillary Breast Tissue Removal

+1

Axillary breast tissue removal is difficult with liposuction alone.  The tissue, however, may be fat, which, of course, is amenable to liposuction.  After an exam to determine the best approach, a reasonable charge may be $2000 or so.