Candidate for Smartlipo or something else? (photo)

Hi, I am 36 years old, 5'3 and 136lbs and after two kids (7 and 2) I am considering smartlipo to help with inner thighs, the post baby belly and contour the waist, I had two big babies and excessive amniotic fluid with the second one, which is why I have tons of stretch marks. I had a consult and the doctor mentioned that I have some skin laxity and I might have lose skin after but quoted me anyway. Do you think I could be a good candidate? Or just do the sides/thighs? Thanks

Candidate for Smartlipo or something else?

+1
It's difficult to tell from the photo if liposuction of any type will correct the problem that bothers you. If you have good thick skin elasticity in the area and the area is just fat then SmartLipo should definitely address the problem. If there are stretch marks and loose skin, or separation of the underlying muscles that are causing the problem, SmartLipo or any other form of liposuction are unlikely to help. See a board certified plastic with an expertise in body contouring in your area for a detailed consultation. They should be able to answer your concerns more specifically. In my practice in the San Francisco Bay Area I have come to the conclusion that the happiest patients are those that have realistic expectations on what a procedure will and won't do for them. Good luck, Dean Vistnes. 

Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck Needed

+1
Looks like you have significant diastasis recti and loose skin, not much fat there. These are addressed with a tummy tuck in my opinion. Liposuction is not going to meet your expectations.

Joel Patrick Maier, MD
Cincinnati Plastic Surgeon

Smart Lipo

+1
Smart Lipo will definitely give you a nice improvement but you are going to have some loose skin. If you want maximal improvement you should consider a tummy tuck. It's really a question of what your goals are. My advice to you is that you not make the mistake of having the smart lipo and expect the tummy tuck result. I'd go back to your surgeon and be very specific about what you expect from your surgery. If you do that your doctor will be able to tell you exactly which path you should take.

Lee E. Corbett, MD

+1
I would recommend a short scar tummy tuck and liposuction of the sides and back as well as the thighs or get liposuction of the sides, back, and thighs.  The abdominal skin does not have enough integrity to withstand the liposuction.

Find a board certified plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of liposuction and liposuction revision procedures each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Smartlipo candidate

+1
Thank you for posting a picture. It looks as if you would be a good candidate for Smartlipo. If you have stubborn areas of fat that will not go away with diet and exercise than Smartlipo will work for you. It is a minimally invasive procedure to remove stubborn fat cells. Consult with your surgeon to find out if this is the correct procedure for you.

Bruce E. Katz, MD

Candidate for Smart Lipo?

+1
You present a dilemma that is often seen in contouring of the abdomen. You are young and by definition, you would be expected to have better skin elasticity than someone older. However, stretchmarks are evidence that there has been extensive skin stretching and loss of integrity; you state that you had two big babies which tells me that you had a pretty big tummy. Given your proportions, I suggest that you try to loose another 10 pounds and see how your tummy looks then Even so, I think that in addition to stretch marks in your tummy, there is a lot of abdominal muscle separation called diastasis recti. I perform Smart Lipo using the Triplex system that is their newest laser technology. It is important to feel the skin elasticity; I think that you will get the best result with a mini tummy tuck, Smart lipo and rectus diastasis repair or a full tummy tuck with diastasis repair. The trade off is the scar but that can be placed low enough to allow you to wear a two piece swimsuit. The advantage is a better and longer lasting result. We offer complementary consultations which is the best way to review your options with you. 

David R. Stephens, MD

+1
Without in person examination I can ONLY guess that an extended mini TT with SmartLipo Triplex might be an alternative option..