How much is breast explantation costs in Seattle area? Could it be covered with my insurance? Would love a referral to a doctor!

Want my saline implants out. How much does it cost in Seattle? Will my Premera Blue Cross cover it? 300cc, over muscle, have them since 2005. Anyone know/could refer to a someone who takes insurance for breast implants explanation? …and helps to deal with my insurance company to support my "removal" claim? Are there any Doctors who have time to deal with insurance companies…? 46 years old, have 300cc saline implants over the muscle since 2005, went from 34B to 36D. Anyone in Seattle or near by?

+1

Thanks for the question. Although I cannot provide you with specific names, some general thoughts may be helpful to you. When it comes to costs of surgery, there may be many “variables” involved. The specific surgeon's credentials/experience level (or lack thereof), the specific geographic area you are looking at, the different operations available, the location of the procedure (quality of surgery facility), type/quality of anesthesia provider… are some of the potential variables involved.  Best to check with your insurance company for most specific/relevant information, but in my experience most health insurances do not cover breast implant removal.

In regards to outcome of the planned procedure, more important than costs of the procedures will be careful selection of your plastic surgeon. I would suggest starting with the American Society of Plastic Surgery and/or the Aesthetic Society of Plastic Surgery to obtain a list of well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons.

Then, I would suggest you visit a few surgeons whose practices concentrate on aesthetic surgery. Ask to see lots of examples of their work and preferably speak/see patients who have had similar procedures done.

Be very careful with your decision-making. You will find, while doing your due diligence, that there are many different “specialties” who will offer their services to you; again, I strongly recommend you concentrate on surgeons certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.

Again, I would also suggest that you do not base your selection of plastic surgeon primarily on costs of surgery; keep in mind that revisionary surgery may be more costly in many ways.   You may also find the attached link, dedicated to breast implant removal concerns, helpful to you. Best wishes.