Breast Augmentation Without a Lift in Naturally Large Breasts? (photo)

I'm looking to maintain a natural hang, while adding fullness to the upper portion of my breasts. I'm currently a large C, would like to increase to a DD. I am not okay with the vertical scar that a lift leaves, therefore I would like to get implants while keeping my natural hang. Is this possible without getting the "snoopy" effect of the implant not "matching" the real breast? Should they be placed submuscular? I'm comfortable with my mismatched areola, no desire to change them :-) Thanks!

Is a lift needed?

+2

Hi Serious R., You need a breast lift because your nipples are low relative to your breast and will just get lower in time. If you don't do a lift you will get a double bubble with implants. Your breasts have good shape which indicates to me that the breast tissue is firm. I think that a circum-areolar lift and implant is not ideal as it will still leave your nipples too low. There is a procedure designed to lift the breast using internal sutures suspended down from above the breast; this is placed through very small incisions. I think that a lollipop mastopexy will give you the longest lasting and best result if you use implants.You don't want scars so that should be a consideration in not doing the lift. I think that a lift and fat transfer or possibly a fat transfer alone rather than an implant might be an option. You may need two procedures to get enough change of size so this may not give the immediate results you want. I recommend a consultation in person in order to examine you and better recommend your options with you.  

Breast Augmentation Without a Lift

+2

Thanks for posting the question.  Your situation is, in fact, a quite common one, and I will take a differing stance than some of the other posting physicians.  If you can locate a surgeon well adept with a periareolar approach in your breast shape, you can get a very good result with implants alone and not get a snoopy deformity.  While this is not possible in all cases, based on your pictures I think this would be a fine option for you.  Best wishes!

Alpharetta Plastic Surgeon

Breast Implants and No Lift for Grade II Ptosis

+2

No one wants additional scars for to achieve a result.  However, you should think of the result with only implants as producing the snoopy effect to which you allude.  Kenneth Hughes, MD

Breast Augmentation Without a Lift in Naturally Large Breasts?

+2

Placing implants without a lift in a breast that needs a lift is highly likely to result in an unsatisfying outcome--with the natural breast tissue draping off the implant.

If you really won't consider a lift, I would think about not having implants. 

It may be possible to get volume increase with fat grafting. Although a two cup size increase may not be achievable, there is more flexibility in placement of the fat than there is for implants. 

When you are ready for an in person consultation, RealSelf has listings of surgeons in your area. You should consider cross referencing the listings from the The American Society of Plastic Surgeons (plasticsurgery dot org). A listing in the ASPS website assures you that your surgeon is not only board certified,  but also is a member in good standing of the major plastic surgery organization in the U. S. Thank you for your question, best wishes.  

Snoopy deformity in the making

+2

Unfortunately, you are a perfect set up for a Snoopy nose deformity with big implants and no lift.  You should really rethink all these issues and maybe conclude that the best plan is to not do the surgery.  Pateints who need full lifts can't bypass that and cheat mother nature and get a great result.  That "natural hang" will not be there, it will look very unnatural and distorted.  Thanks for the photos.

Breast Lift Or Just A Breast Implant

+1

Breast Lift Or Just A Breast Implant

You would still do better with a lift, even a periareola lift will probably leave a scar that is less acceptable to you. If you do an implant only, you risk a double bubble snoopy effect. If you insist on trying this, you should probably go sub glandular and understand that you may need the second surgery 

Web reference: https://pacificcenterplasticsurgery.com/procedures/breast/augmentation/

Can I Have A Breast Augmentation In Mildly Droopy Large Breasts Without A Lift?

+1

The answer to your question is NO.  Having said that, there are several techniques which will give you the results you are looking for with minimal scarring.  As you can see from the replies you have seen from the expert Real Self community of plastic surgeons, each surgeon has an opinion, but which one is the right one for you. 

I recommend you seek 3 consultations with plastic surgeons certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.  This will give you the opportunity to be seen up close and personal by experts.  You get a chance to evaluate them as well as their techniques.  This will help you choose the right plastic surgeon which is more important than choosing the right technique. 

Having said that, if you consulted with me, I would recommend a circumareolar or Benelli mastopexy with a subpectoral silicone breast implant.  I would put the implant in first through a transaxillary approach, and then build the lifted breast with the Benelli around your implant and breast.  The larger the implant, the smaller the outside circle for the Benelli needs to be.  To get minimal scarring and larger breasts, you of course increase the amount of gravitational pull on your breasts.  Therefore, if you choose this route, you will be wearing a supportive bra most of the time.

Honolulu Plastic Surgeon

Surgery

+1

You will benefit from enlargement an a peri areolar lift. Your ptosis is not severe and you should expect a small amount of lifting with this procedure

Mastopexy

+1

Hello. Judging by your pictures it looks like your nipples may be lower than you’re your inframammary fold. If this is the case I would definitely recommend a lift along with your implants. A consultation would definitely be helpful in determining your best option as it is hard to determine based on pictures alone.

Jaime Perez, MD
Breast Augmentation Specialist
Plastic Surgery Center of Tampa

Web reference: http://www.jaimeperezmd.com/photogallery/breast-augmentation-7001

Augment without a lift

+1

From what you say about wanting to maintain the natural hang of your breasts, I do not feel that you need a lift. An implant alone can provide the fullness you want in the upper part of your breast. However, in my experience, the implant needs to be placed on top of the muscle to achieve this. If it is placed under the muscle or fascia, the implant tends to ride higher which accentuates the lower position of the nipple giving the snoopy appearance. If placed above the muscle, the implant provides fullness in the area above the nipple. This will not change the position of your nipple so you have to be happy with that look. And my colleagues are right that an implant will (of course, that's the point!) increase the size of your breasts which will make them somewhat saggier. But larger breasts are naturally saggier so this is not an unnatural look though it may be undesirable. You should discuss your goals with your surgeon and you should be happy with what he or she recommends. Be sure your surgeon is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery as well. I hope this provides you with helpful information and good luck to you with your decisions and surgery.

Sacramento Plastic Surgeon