Breast Augmentation. Can I Get Away Without a Lift? (photo)

I am considering a breast augmentation, but DO NOT want a lift.Also, a do a lot of weight lifting and plan on eventually competing in npc bikini competitions. I know that a definitive answer cannot be given by pictures alone, but would like a little feedback. I would prefer to go over the muscle because of weight training and because I actually kind of like the "fake" look. (Currently a B, was a DD while nursing and would like to get back to a D/DD. 33 years old) General thoughts/feedback?

Breast Augmentation Without Lift

+2

Based on your photos and desire to increase your breasts to a D/DD size you are likely to get a nice aesthetic result with an augmentation alone.  Although placement of the implants above the muscle may be well suited for weight trainers and those wanting a rounded upper pole look, you must also understand that it may be more difficult to read mammograms.  Also, placing large implants above the muscle may stretch the skin and tissues of the breast leaving them looking thin.  This may make the edges of the implants more visible that you would like.  Good luck and make sure you consult with a board certified plastic surgeon!

Do you need a lift?

+2

From your photos, you look more deflated than saggy (there is a difference!).  Restoring your volume with an implant will likely be all that you need.  Going above the muscle is resonable but I would be cautious in going for the fake look.  That usually means a too big implant and too big implants can thin out the breast tissue, especially if they are on top of the muscle. 

Lisa L. Sowder, MD

Deflated in Seattle

+2

From your photos, it doesn't appear that a lift may be necessary. I have successfully placed implants in the sub-muscular location and had good results in body builders. In fact, a study was done which showed that sub muscular implants did not affect upper body strength. There are trade offs when placing implants above as well as below the pectoral muscle, that you should know, and that have significant long term effects. There are also shaped "gummy bear" implants, now available as an option. These have a more natural shape. You might prefer a round gel implant because you like the "fake" look, but there are trade offs there too, as well as with implant size. I recommend that you come in for a complementary consultation and review your potential results using our Vectra 3D imaging system. 

David R. Stephens, MD

+2

Best to search for a boarded PS in your area who will do larger implant insertion. Like a 600 cc to 800 cc. 

Breast augmentation without the need for a breast lift

+1

From your photographs it appears that your nipples are facing forward and the nipple is at least at the level of the inframammary crease.  More than likely a breast augmentation will correct your problem.  

To lift or not?

+1

You are certainly borderline case as far as a lift is concerned.  Either way I would put the implants under the muscle even if you are a body builder. They look much nicer that way in my opinion.  If you are a sure lean body builder, implants above the muscle will show the upper pole of the implant through the skin.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Breast Augmentation without Lift

+1

Based on your photos, you may have a good result with implants alone. However, breast measurements, a physical exam and your specific expectations need to be considered also. 

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS

Implants and lift?

+1

You may be OK with just an implant but without an exam it is difficult to say for sure.  Volume choices need to be determined in person as well.

Breast Augmentation. Can I Get Away Without a Lift?

+1

You can get a nice result without a lift. Your breast problem is more a deflation than drooping. But when you have this issue you are more likely to get a more natural look than a fake look.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Augmentation without a lift

+1

Thank you for your question and photos. Although the photos show limited views, it seems to me that you are low breasted, which means that your implants will sit lower on the chest as well. Since you planning to compete in body building, I agree that a subglandular augmentation would be better (especially that you like the "fake" look). Without an in person consultation/examination it is impossible to tell if you will not need a small lift. You do show some glandular ptosis at the bases. Breast implant size is chosen based on your chest wall, breast volume and base measurements. No size can be guaranteed, but going from a B to a D cup is possible without compromising your tissues. See a board certified plastic surgeon with extensive experience in breast surgery. Good luck.

George Marosan, MD
Bellevue Plastic Surgeon