Botox in the Jaw and Cheeks to Combat too Much Filler ?

About 2 years ago, after years of getting fillers in my lips and mouth, that never lasted beyond 8 weeks even after Advanta implants I never got the look I wanted, I decided to get Metacrill, I loved the result, I have not one problem with it. However, its kind of like getting a tattoo, you grow out of it, I would like to make my jawline smaller, so is botox and option to soften the muscle in the jaw underneath the filler and also in my cheeks so the dont bulge upwards when i smile ?

+1

It's impossible to say without photos. Botox along the jawline works by "shrinking" the masseter muscle and slimming the lower face in appropriately selected patients. Botox will NOT reduce the appearance of excessive filler treatments. Hyaluronic acid based fillers can be reduced with hyaluronidase injections but Botox would not have any expected effect on previously placed fillers. I hope this information is helpful.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon