Should I get Botox now or a few years later? (photos)

I am 30 years old and still look young. Recently I have noticed some early signs of frown lines. Do you think I should get Botox now or a few years later? (with photos)

Earlier Treatment Of Dynamic Wrinkles--Even In The Twenties--Can Prevent The Formation Of Static Wrinkles

+1
There are two kinds of wrinkles and furrows: those that occur when we emote with our muscles of facial expression, known as dynamic wrinkles, i.e. wrinkles upon motion, and those, appropriately referred to as static wrinkles, i.e. those that remain like etchings on our face and are present even when our muscles are at rest. The latter form as a result of years of facial movements, the expressions we do a thousand times a day every single day.

It should be clear from the above, therefore, that if we intervene early on, with agents that rein in on our frowns, scowls and squinting, we can prolong the time until the appearance or even prevent the appearance entirely of the static wrinkles. Botox, Dysport and Xeomin, the three current injectable neuromodulators, work well in this regards. I have in fact treated my own adult children and their spouses beginning in their twenties in this fashion with this is mind with very gratifying results.

Botox at 30 years old

+1
30 years old is the time when some patients notice their wrinkles and begin treatment.  This is a personal decision and depends on both how deep the wrinkles are and how much the wrinkles bother you.  Botox at this age will prevent new wrinkles from forming.  It looks from the photo that you are a good candidate for Botox.  Please consult a board certified dermatologist with experience with Botox for the best cosmetic results.

Michele S. Green, MD

Botox Is Preventative

+1
This is a very common question among young women. I recommend that you begin Botox treatments even before the lines begin to form, as the treatment is preventive – it stops you from forming wrinkles. If you have noticed some early frown lines, I would definitely recommend starting Botox treatments now.

Jerome Edelstein, MD

Generally, the sooner the better if you have wrinkles you don't care for!

+1
The pictures you show are ones that would be reasonable to treat with Botox, so if you are unhappy with them, go for it!  Good luck and know that this will likely keep you from getting the '11's that occur over time.  

Joel Schlessinger, MD
Omaha Dermatologist

+1
The best time to begin Botox injections is whenever your wrinkles bother you. For some people this is in their thirties and for others it is later, the decision is ultimately up to you. 

Daniel Shapiro, MD

30-Years Old Is a Great Time to Begin Botox: It's A Personal Choice

+1
Because you are asking the question, I would advise that now is the time to begin Botox treatments. It is very much a personal choice and it appears you are ready. Botox is proven safe and effective - and even has a cumulative effect over time. Botox was first FDA-approved for use in the glabella region - your area of concern (between the brows). I am attaching a video of my patient Alicia receiving her first Botox treatments. She is your age and delighted with the results. I think Alicia would say, "jump right in; the water's fine." All the best to you!

Peter J. Capizzi, MD
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

Botox now or later

+1
It is really a personal choice when to start Botox.  The best time is when your lines start to bother you.  The benefit of early Botox is that it may slow the onset of more wrinkles.  I would use a very conservative dose.  Some natural movement with slight crease is far more beautiful at your age than over treating and freezing things.  If you like it then you will have to repeat treatment every 3 to 4 months.  If not, no big deal. Let it fade away and consider it again in the future when you change your mind.  The key is subtle!
Dr Rodger Shortt
Oakville Plastic Surgeon

Rodger Shortt, FRCSC

Botox in Your Thirties for Forehead Creases

+1
  • I'm seeing more and more patients in their thirties requesting Botox in my Seattle office. 
  • The glabella,(the region between the eyebrows), is the most common place that we begin to notice these vertical wrinkles. 
  • Your photos demonstrate this as well. 
  • If you are bothered by these creases, then I'd recommend seeing a plastic surgeon and undergo a Botox injection. 
  • Age 30 is not too early, and by beginning early, you may be able to prevent those creases from becoming permanent.  
  • Thanks for sharing!

Joshua Cooper, MD, FACS

Should I get Botox now or a few years later?

+1
What are you waiting for???? BOTOX is the # 1 non surgical treatment in the world today. So find an expert injecting doctor... 

What Age Should I Get Botox?

+1
There really is no right or wrong answer to this question. Looking at your pictures you are definitely a candidate for Botox treatment. The benefit of doing this sooner rather that later is that you will need a lower dose to achieve your results and it will also prevent your wrinkles from getting deeper over time. Hope this helps answer your question.

Michael A. Zadeh, MD, FACS
Sherman Oaks General Surgeon