How does Botox compare to Xeomin?

How does Botox compare to Xeomin

+2
Botox is often referred to as the gold standard of neuromodulators. In essence comparing Botox to Dysport to Xeomin is kind of like comparing sodas. They are essentially the same. Botox has the highest marketshare and has been around the longest. This is my go-to for neuromodulators based on time, results, and experience. Dysport has been around for several years and I do quite a bit in my office. Actually, most of my staff members prefer it over Botox. Xeomin is the newest and has quite a bit of ground to make up amongst consumers and providers. I haven't tried it and probably won't but really only because I use the other two, so adding in a third option that's so similar just doesn't make sense.

"This answer has been solicited without seeing this patient and cannot be held as true medical advice, but only opinion. Seek in-person treatment with a trained medical professional for appropriate care."

Botox compared to Dysport and Xeomin

+2
They are all good products but I prefer Botox.  It's been around the longest and has the longest track record.  It costs us a little bit more, but why change what works?  Botox has a much higher market share than the other two products.

Richard Ort, MD
Lone Tree Dermatologic Surgeon

How does Botox compare to Xeomin?

+2
In the U.S., there are several brands of Botulinum toxin that are used cosmetically to treat lines and furrows.  Botox has been around the longest and then Dysport and Xeomin is the newest.  In my opinion, the results from all three of these products is similar and they have the same potential side effects and length of action.  Some physicians and patients may have preferences of using one over the others, but you should be able to obtain the same result with any of them.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox and Xeomin

+1
Botox and Xeomin are very similar injectable treatments. Strategically placed Xeomin injections can improve the appearance of frown lines. 

Margaret Weiss, MD
Baltimore Dermatologist

Comparison of Botox and Xeomin

+1
Thanks for your question.
Both Botox and xeomin can be used and have similar effects.
xeomin can be stored differently and does not have the additional protein which small number of people can be sensitve or allergic to.
I have used the products for many years with great results...
Hope this is helpful

Ali Sajjadian, MD, FACS

Botox vs Xeomin

+1
The difference is in the packaging of the active protein. Botox has accessory proteins while Xeomin does not.  If their effectiveness was the same, it would be nice to go with the pure product, we just don't know without more data.  It is not enough to just think something works, the same or better, in the scientific age we need to see proof.  Xeomin has been available in Europe for a while and the results are good.  It is nice to have an alternative to keep prices in check.. I offer both, Xeomin is a little cheaper but not much; however, people need to be informed about what they are getting.  It is not OK to state you are injecting Botox brand and then find you were injected with Xeomin. 

Arthur N. Falk, MD
Albany Facial Plastic Surgeon

How does Botox compare to Xeomin?

+1
With the exception of storage requirements the products handle and behave very similarly. I prefer Botox for the vast majority of my patients but it is nice to have additional options available. I hope this information is helpful for you.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox Compared to Xeomin

+1
Botox is similar to Xeomin. There potency is equal and their dosage conversions are the same. I prefer Botox just because I have been using it the longest and it has the most proven track record. Both Botox and Xeomin are superior to Dysport in my opinion.

Michael A. Zadeh, MD, FACS
Sherman Oaks General Surgeon