Would 400cc High Profile Will Be Too Large? I Have a Curvy Body.

I'm getting breast augmentation in December. I want my breast to be fuller look with natural slope and a bit on a larger size. I tried on the sizing and I kinda like 400cc-450cc. Two sergeons I met said it's fine but the other one said he couldn't do it. I am 5'5 and 120lbs,32A or B. My shoulder is a bit wide and my stats are: Chest: shoulder width (from left to right):15" Waist: 25" Hips: 36" I like the look with 400cc when I tried on and put the shirt on top but still curious if it's too big?

Implant size

+2

You can certainly go 400 to 450 in implant size.  It will probably make you a mid D cup.  It's a bit larger than I usually would use in someone your size, but it's your choice.  I do not see anything wrong with your decision if that is what you desire.  If one surgeon refuses to do it, there are always others who will. Good luck!

Web reference: http://edelsonplastic.com/breast/breast-augmentation/

Implant Selection Process

+1

In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements and characteristics.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.
Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

Web reference: http://www.drpaulgill.com

Implant size selection to achieve your goals

+1

It is very difficult to predict what cup size you will be after your procedure.  Cup sizes are not standardized.  So a D cup in one designer could be a C cup or B cup in another designer.   This is the approach I use to help guide my patients with their implant size selection:

I consider two factors when selecting implants for my patients:

1.Dimensional planning
2.Gel Implant Sizing system

Dimensional planning – The measurements of your chest wall are taken. Also, the breast dimensions including the height, width, and current dimensions of each breast form the basis of dimensional planning. Based on these measurements, the implant size is recommended. This will give you a unique breast implant that is suited for your body frame. However, there are some limitations of what size we can recommend. For instance, some implants may just be too big for a narrow chest wall. Your surgeon can review this with you during the consultation.

Gel Implant Sizing system – During the preliminary breast implant consultation, you will be provided with an option to “try on” a variety of implant shapes and sizes. You can also visualize the possible outcomes of your surgery which helps you to get that perfect size to give you the shape that you longed for. This way your preferences are known and you can then pick a range of implants that will “fit” just right to give a soft natural fuller look.  If you have decided on saline implants, then based on the gel sizer you select, we can guide you to the saline implant that achieves a similar look.
Hope this helps.
Dr. Basu
Houston, TX

400cc high profile?

+1

I think you will achieve the results you wish. But rather than focusing on the type of implant profile or the number of cc's or bra cup size (with is inaccurate and manufacturer dependent), I would recommend you communicate very clearly your expectations and desires. Your plastic surgeon will decide with you on the profile of the implant based on the breast width, your body shape, skin elasticity and thickness and native breast tissue present.  In my practice I usually explain the implant types, profile and rationale for using different implants/ profiles. I also use the a special sizing system pre-op and have patients try them inside a bra so they can get a sense of their look. I never tell them what size I have picked until they show me the "look" they REALLY desire by trying on the sizing system in our office. Then we sit down and evaluate "the look" they have chosen and see if it matches what I have chosen by measurements and physical exam.  It does make it both fun and is a healthier partnership between patients and the PS.  Speak with your plastic surgeon.

Implant size

+1

Go with the size you want. 400cc is not too large. You are the one that knows what you want. As surgeons we try to help patients with size, but it is your decision to get the size you want.

You will be happy with 400cc-425cc.

Good luck

Columbia Plastic Surgeon

Too large implants extrude inferior and lateral

+1

You are size 32 A or B so each 100 cc of implant will correspond to 1 cup size change.  400 cc implants would be 4 sizes bigger.  Since you are a size A then you would end up a size DD.  The question is can your body accommodate an implant that large?  The best position for implants is retro-pectoral.  However, if the body cannot accommodate that size they will extrude inferiorly, laterally and look unattractive.  The goal of breast surgery is to produce beautiful breasts.  Beauty is determined by many factors not just size.  You will get better results with a smaller implant higher and a lift around the areola at the same time.  Unfortunately, you have not provided photographs but there are other aspects to consider than just size.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Web reference: http://www.horndeski.com/gallery.aspx

Texas Plastic Surgeon

400cc too large??

+1

There are a number of factors we use in determining the best size implant for a patient. Of primary consideration is her goal in terms of outcome.

Not every patient's goal is realistic, not all can be met.

There are some limitations in terms of size. For example most surgeons prefer not to use an implant the diameter of which is greater that the breast width. The elasticity of the breast tissue is another factor. 

If the 400 cc implant looked good as a try-on, then if appropriate, an implant between 400 and 450 cc will give you that size. It may however not give you the natural slope you would like. 

Without seeing a photo and knowing the breast width, I wouldn't want to guess if the size would work for you. 

Thank you for your question, best wishes. 

Hello

+1

In our practice we tell our patients that 225cc equal about one cup size. You did not mention what size you were looking to be but if you’re an A or B cup the 400-450cc implants should take to a nice C cup or D cup if that’s what you’re looking for. Without picture or an exam it’s really hard to be more accurate

Best Breast Implants For Me?

+1

As you can imagine, despite your good description of body type and goals, it is not possible to give you precise  advice online.

The best advice I can give two ladies who are considering breast augmentation surgery online is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully.  Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you're looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals  with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining  breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. 
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural”  etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

3.  Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_breastAugmentation.htm

+1

It sounds like a bit large for your frame, but there are so many factors to consider that it would take an exam to really answer that question.