Will ResurFX help treat facial redness?

ResurFx redness

+1
ResurFx is not specifically used for redness of the face. You need to be evaluated to determine the reason for the redness. There are certain  conditions that can cause the redness. Depending on the cause there are several treatment options.   

Plantation Plastic Surgeon

ResurFx for facial redness

+1
Dear Patient,

Unfortunately, there will be limited improvement in your redness if the ResurFx is used by itself. ResurFx is able to improve the appearance of fine lines, scars, melasma, stretch marks, brown spots, and sun spots. 

The M22 intense pulsed light (IPL), which is an available upgrade on the ResurFx machine, does improve redness. Depending on the patient's skin and their needs, I sometimes combine the IPL and the ResurFx on the same day to optimize the benefits of both lasers. I would suggest you speak with your physician to see if they have the IPL option available to address your facial redness.

Warm regards,

Dr. Peterson

Jennifer Peterson, MD
Houston Dermatologist