Restylane, Perlane, or Stylage for lips? (photo)

My options are restylane, perlane, and stylage- I just can't seem to get a clear answer on which is the best choice. Any clear answers are greatly needed.. Also is 1 ml of any of those enough for my lips?

Juvederm Ultra Plus Works Best for Lip Augmentation

+1
Miamarine,

Of the options you listed, Restylane is the best.  However, in my experience, Juvederm ultra plus provides more of the fullness and lift that is shown in the photo illustrating your desired outcome.  Juvederm also tends to last a bit longer in this area.

Good luck!

Bellevue Dermatologic Surgeon

Lip Fillers

+1
I prefer Juvederm in the lips and Belotero to the borders, but all the HA fillers work well in the lips.  Just find a cosmetic dermatologist who is an expert in injecting this location as it can change your appearance if done poorly.  I wish you the best of luck, Dr. Emer.

Restylane or Perlane for lips?

+1
Thanks for posting the photos- they are very helpful.  Restylane and Perlane are both hyaluronic acid fillers but Perlane is a little bit more viscous (thicker) and lasts a little bit longer.  For the lips I prefer Restylane or Juvederm as these fillers tend to look a little smoother and more natural in the lips.  I would start with 1 cc for your lips and do more after the swelling goes down if you're not at your desired end point.
Stylage is not a filler that is used in the US.

Erica Linnell, MD
Seattle Dermatologist

Which filler is best for lips

+1
Stylage is only used in Europe so I really cannot speak to its performance or look. Most often I use Restylane in the lips, but for a few patients I do opt for Perlane. Perlane is a bit bigger particle size so for people wanting some extra "umph" this is usually what I use. Restylane is smoother and looks more natural, but Perlane still looks natural but has a bit more to it. For the photo you have attached it would seem to me that would take more than 1ml to get, based on your pre-photo. Remember that a 1ml syringe is equal to about a teaspoon of filler - so it's just not that much. Also, as an FYI, it's very important to follow the natural shape of the lips when getting injections. Often times when only the upper lip is filled, like what you are stating, people end up with the dreaded duck lip or trout pout look. So just be careful.

"This answer has been solicited without seeing this patient and cannot be held as true medical advice, but only opinion. Seek in-person treatment with a trained medical professional for appropriate care."

F. Victor Rueckl, MD