Seattle Micro-needling Doctor Recommendations

I have 40 year old burn scars on legs, bottom and inner thigh area on one leg I also have old skin graft scars. What do you think about Micro-needling? I have already spent thousands on laser treatments with little improvement. Do you know any good doctors in the Seattle area?

It depends

+1

Hello

You can use a needle to undermine the burn depressed scars - this may help a little.  The next best is to fill the area undermined with your own fat.  this seems to work the best in my hands.  A great deal depends on your expectations and the doctors experience.

Burn scar treatments

+1

What are you trying to improve - color or texture or both? There are different types of lasers and they have different indications. You should seek out a board certified plastic surgeon since they have the most experience with burn scars and the various treatment modalities. Micro-needling in theory stimulates collagen development, but I have not seen any significant results in the literature and do not do it at present.

Theodore Katz, MD, FACS
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon