How Can Hydosolve Liposuction Work for Fat Transfer?

HydraSolve liposuction combines natural saline solution with low levels of pressure and temperature, to liquefy only targeted fat tissue and so forth. It is FDA approved for fat transfer. Here is my question - if schlerotherapy is (from my understanding) injecting a salt solution to destroy varicose veins then wouldn't the saline solution in Hydrosolve destroy the blood vessels the fat transfer needs to survive? Has Hydrosolve done studies to show their system is optimal for fat survival?

HydraSolve Works Great for Fat Transfer

HydraSolve is a fantastic device for fat transfer. In my practice we usually use this device for fat grafting to the buttocks for buttock augmentation and to the breast for refinement after breast cancer reconstruction. In well over 100 fat graft cases to the breast with HydraSolve we have found there to be less bruising, and equivalent or better take than every other device we have used (including ultrasonic-, laser-, and power-assisted) liposuction devices. Because of the process of "tissue liquefaction technology" - the technical term for HydraSolve, the fat clump size is easier to inject and sculpt in my experience. As mentioned already, a study has been done at Mayo Clinic using a technique called cytometry where live fat cells removed with HydraSolve were counted. Almost all the fat cells removed with HydraSolve were alive, which was better than all the other common techniques it was compared to. 

Hydrasolve for fat transfer

Few points - sclerotherapy uses hypertonic saline which is a very high concentration of salt water to cause vein destruction. In all forms of liposuction we use much lower salt water concentrations - in fact very similar to what is in our own tissues. Hydrasolve uses this same solution to wet the tissues and other similar fluid is used in the liposuction cannula to help cleave the fat particles into small clumps which are then used for fat grafting. There are extensive studies from the Hydrasolve company which show excellent fat cell viability

Jason Pozner, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon