I Have Had a Revisional Lower Blepharoplasty 3 and a Half Months Ago? (photo)

i have a very strange overcorrection in the right eye especially,and bumps and lumps,along with the incision seeming to open up on the right eye. i tried to talk to my doctor about it,but he got upset and defensive and blamed it on me.... i know it is soon and i cant talk to my doctor about it,will it go away? heal on its own? i do not now have any more money to have yet another revision . what should i do?

+2

The photos posted do not depict the issues you are addressing. Also you have age hyper pigmentation papules. So very hard to advise. Best is to obtain in person second opinions. 

Revision blepharoplasty

+1

Your eyes look fine ! Better pictures would help though. Some minor issues (bumps, etc) that you raise will resolve with time.

Andrew Pichler, MD
Sacramento Facial Plastic Surgeon

Post op revision surgery recovery

+1
Eyelids and the surrounding structures are very delicate and may take some time to heal. Meanwhile, certain healing difficulties may improve with time up to 6-9 months.

Mohsen Tavoussi, MD, DO
Huntington Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Questions about lower eyelid post op course

+1

It is very easy to get anxious about surgery especially if there are differences from side to side.  I do not see anything that looks unusual for 3 1/2 months post op.  Continue to follow your surgeon's advice for after care.  

Post a better picture

+1

Please post a picture of both eyes together. There does not appear to be that much asymmetry for 3+ months and the scars should flatten and mature.

Jeffrey Schiller, MD
Staten Island Oculoplastic Surgeon

Gee, I think this looks like a very good result.

+1

The little bumps are small inclusion cysts and these a very common and very easy for your surgeon to take care of.  I don't have the before pictures but your results for your overall midface looks very harmonious.  No face is perfectly symmetric.  Over time the scars will also further improve.

Symmetry after Revision Eyelid Surgery

+1

Thanks for the great question and your pictures. At 3 months after a lower eyelid lift revision, it's too early to judge symmetry. Sometimes there can be a bit more swelling on one side than the other, but massage can help with this. Make sure to stay in touch with your surgeon throughout this process.

Evan Ransom, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon